Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM

892 posts, read 1,597,012 times

Advertisements

We will be traveling from the west coast to visit Cedar Point this July. We plan on going to the park mid-week. Is it worth it to get the fast pass? We will only have one day to see the park.

I've heard that early experience is mixed but the crowds were mild. Has anyone had experience with busier days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,885,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETabor View Post
We will be traveling from the west coast to visit Cedar Point this July. We plan on going to the park mid-week. Is it worth it to get the fast pass? We will only have one day to see the park.

I've heard that early experience is mixed but the crowds were mild. Has anyone had experience with busier days?

On a busy day I guess they are worth the price, especially if you only have one day to spend in the park.

I object to paying an additional $50 per person on top of the ticket price. Especially for a family it is expensive.

We spend several days every summer in the park, so we try to plan to go on the less busy days.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,198,445 times
Go Monday through Wednesday and you probably won't need it. Just get there early.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:05 PM

7,085 posts, read 8,986,478 times
They do the fast pass thing at Kings Island too, I was there on a Sunday and the lines were not that long. It would only be worth it if it was a crowded day and you were mostly interested in rides with long lines, which are the few that have a fast pass line. They do not apply to every ride.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,527,045 times
It's been many years, but when we would take our boys to Cedar Point, we always went on Wednesday. Never a problem with lines back then. One year we went on July 4th and still didn't have any issues with lines, but that was a Wednesday, too. Don't know whether it is any different now.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 PM

896 posts, read 1,860,778 times
Since youre coming from far away and probably wont make it back anytime soon, maybe a fast pass would be worth it for you. If youre like me though, I mostly just ride all the roller coasters, maybe a couple other rides like MaxAir, Power Tower, etc, and I leave myself time to sit and chill and eat and what not. I can usually accomplish everything I want to in a day.

Im usually there during the weekend though. Like everyone else said, I would recommend going tuesday or wednesday. I definitely wouldnt waste my money on a fast pass then. And like everyone said....just be there when the gates open, and stay til they start closing up.

Hope you enjoy Cedar Point! I just recently moved from Sandusky, but when I li ed there, I kept a season pass......and would just go there sometimes, by myself, when I was bored, eat a cheese-on-a-stick, ride the Blue Streak, and go home.

Best amusement park on earth.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 PM

892 posts, read 1,597,012 times
I agree that it's the best amusement park on earth. I used to live in the area and went at least once a year. If it were just me, I think I would risk it and just wait in the lines - it's part of the tradition. Plus, I love the troika and the line's usually short for that.

But, I'll have the in-laws with me so I'm having to weigh that factor in.

Good to hear the lines are still fairly reasonable on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I wonder why Thursdays also aren't shorter.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM

16,597 posts, read 19,817,873 times
Not sure how things are this year but CP attendance dropped for the first time in 2010.
So for the first time ever CP actually lowered prices. They usually go up a little.
I went twice in 2011 and crowds were small comparatively (week days. I never go on weekends).
Haven't heard anything about attendance this year yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: