Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,927 times

Advertisements

Vagabond and Skyegirl ------ You're both right on! I wish both of you lots of luck and I hope that you will find a place that you will love like I did. I lived in Cleveland for 25 years and watched it on its downward spiral for way too long. I am glad that I moved to Arizona last year and I don't miss Cleveland one bit! To all the people who are really positive about Cleveland or Ohio, all I can say is this --- different strokes for different folks. Start a thread titled "Why we love Ohio" and go there and let the rest of us vent in peace. After all, someone has to live in Cleveland/Ohio. Better you then me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 01:07 AM

40 posts, read 186,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminaheadlock View Post
it's been good reading most of these posts. myself along with some others from my workplace might be relocating to ohio. i have to say that the good things that have been said heavily outweigh the bad. does anyone have any information/opinions on the twinsburg/akron area? i'd appreciate hearing anything!
Thanks
Are you leaning more towards Twinsburg or Akron? Just asking, because Twinsburg, though it is technically a suburb of Akron as part of Summit County, is culturally more in line with Cleveland and Cuyahoga County to the north.

That said, Twinsburg is a very nice, upscale community with great schools. There is plenty of shopping available in nearby Macedonia and Hudson. You'll also have easy access into downtown Cleveland via I-480 for major league sports, the arts, concerts or whatever else you might find interesting there. And you will be fairly close as well to the stunningly beautiful Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 AM

4 posts, read 21,189 times
One thing I always liked about the people of Cleveland, is they have AMAZING civic pride. People BRAG about being from Cleveland. Its awesome. Columbus and Cincy, they have nothing on people from Cleveland when it comes to loving their city. Looking at the many improvements to the Cleveland, IMO, it has come a long long LONG way. I just could not imagine living there when there are so many better places to live.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,647,815 times
you forgot to list "cornhole" under the entertainment category! hahaha

Old 09-16-2007, 08:35 AM

3,099 posts, read 2,647,815 times
if you think the quiet racist attitude is prevalent in ne ohio then you should try se and sw ohio. my god! i am a white person and i have had other white people (strangers!) think it is acceptable to use the "n" word with me. they think just because i am white that i wont be offended. a-mazing!
i really dont know what the deal here is (not just saying it is in ohio) but alot of people here seem a bit backward and not inspired at all by any type of change.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:47 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,864,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
... and I don't miss Cleveland one bit! ... After all, someone has to live in Cleveland/Ohio. Better you then me!
At least THAT part, we definitely have in common.

I'm still in Ohio, though. Didn't move quite as far...

Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,455,607 times
Quote:
if you think the quiet racist attitude is prevalent in ne ohio then you should try se and sw ohio. my god! i am a white person and i have had other white people (strangers!) think it is acceptable to use the "n" word with me. they think just because i am white that i wont be offended. a-mazing!
I have noticed this too. I have also noticed that this is very quiet in an "underground" sort of way.

I've noticed people make these comments to each other, which I overhear, but they will refrain from making them in front of me, although its happened on occasion. Its almost that they have to trust you, or that you agree with them, before they will maket that.

Negative comments about latinos, or foreigner co-workers funny accents, well..thats more open.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,659,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fife View Post
In Ohio I have been to AShtabula, Cleveland area, Columbus area, Mansfield, Portsmouth, West union, Ironton, Cincinnati, Akron, Warren and Youngstown and most or all are run down.

Why does ohio have run down cities. And I noticed that Columbus is prosperous and parts of it are run down.
Ohio is a state that was heavily dependent on industry,things like making steel and cars,and alot of the factories like that in Ohio shut down.Plus the police forces are small in Ohio's cities,at least I know the police force in Cleveland is.Cities with bad government and small police forces become havens for drugs and gangs,and theres alot of boarded up homes in Cleveland,which Im guessing many were drug houses.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 20,530 times
I agree with you, I live in Toledo and am on my way out because of the economy. Ohio does have it's nice areas and some of my friends moved to Columbus & Cincinnati and they like it.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:50 PM

570 posts, read 1,820,859 times
The OP is so on point with her view of Cuyahoga County. I think the sales tax is going up to like 7.8% or somewhere in that area. There are a few post on here that have expressed what I'm feeling so there is no need for me to repeat the. All I have to say is that as soon as I graduate from college, I am outta here!!!!!!http://forum.rexannes.com/images/smilies/JoeCoolDancinSmiley.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio