Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 12:58 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,181,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
To be honest EarthBound, I agree with you on pretty much everything lol, but every state qualifies for this.
Your right about the "every state qualifies for this" statement T87. They need to reopen the WPA and the CCC from the 20's and 30's and shut down the welfare system completely. A shovel will fit every man and womans hand. get them off their backs and on their feet and put America back to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 01:11 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,120,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Your right about the "every state qualifies for this" statement T87. They need to reopen the WPA and the CCC from the 20's and 30's and shut down the welfare system completely. A shovel will fit every man and womans hand. get them off their backs and on their feet and put America back to work.
Digging what? You can only pay people when there is money made from the work. Digging ditches aimlessly will do nothing for this country?

Old 02-13-2011, 01:12 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,967,227 times
You two need to take this to a new thread or DM's.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
You two need to take this to a new thread or DM's.
Your right CG79.
besides I've given up on replying to anything they have to say. I'm staying off their topics all together, not worth my time. lol

Old 02-13-2011, 01:27 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,120,383 times
It's every thread that he trolls about Ohio's big government and communism and other fictional entities.

But yeah, Ohio is a great place to live. I travel all through it.

Welcome to Ohio, if you come, OP.

The winters may be cold and cloudy, but it's beautiful nonetheless. Pictured above was last night's view from a rooftop in Clifton.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:09 PM

365 posts, read 1,405,979 times
Number one reason, the people.

I've lived in a number of states in my 37 years but Ohio is one of my favorites. I grew up in Minnesota, lived in Florida for 5 years and moved to Ohio late in '04. Originally, I was looking forward to living somewhere that had 4 seasons (felt a little more like home) but since then I've grown to love the diverse cultures more than anything else. I love the fact that you can drive from one community to another and it feels like you're in a completely different country, at least in certain areas of NE Ohio. People also seem to appreciate their roots here more so than the other places I've been. I have numerous friends of varying ethnic backgrounds (Italian, German, Welsh, Serbian, Irish to name a few) and they all have a deeply rooted love for where they're from. An example of this would be Cleveland's Cultural Gardens. I haven't been there yet (I just learned of it's existence a few months ago) but how cool is that? A park dedicated to those who made this area what it is? That's something you won't find in many other states, if at all. Ohio loves it's people and it's people love Ohio.

Sure, Ohio has been kicked around a bit over the years, but I've found it to be a great place to live.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwoodsZJ View Post
Number one reason, the people.

I've lived in a number of states in my 37 years but Ohio is one of my favorites. I grew up in Minnesota, lived in Florida for 5 years and moved to Ohio late in '04. Originally, I was looking forward to living somewhere that had 4 seasons (felt a little more like home) but since then I've grown to love the diverse cultures more than anything else. I love the fact that you can drive from one community to another and it feels like you're in a completely different country, at least in certain areas of NE Ohio. People also seem to appreciate their roots here more so than the other places I've been. I have numerous friends of varying ethnic backgrounds (Italian, German, Welsh, Serbian, Irish to name a few) and they all have a deeply rooted love for where they're from. An example of this would be Cleveland's Cultural Gardens. I haven't been there yet (I just learned of it's existence a few months ago) but how cool is that? A park dedicated to those who made this area what it is? That's something you won't find in many other states, if at all. Ohio loves it's people and it's people love Ohio.

Sure, Ohio has been kicked around a bit over the years, but I've found it to be a great place to live.
Are you referring to the garden along the MLK drive from I-90?

Old 02-13-2011, 04:25 PM

365 posts, read 1,405,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Are you referring to the garden along the MLK drive from I-90?
That's the one!

Old 02-13-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwoodsZJ View Post
That's the one!
Been through there a dozen times or more on my way to the VA hospital at Wade Park. . I wish they would re-surface that raod, it would be a more enjoyable frive them.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:12 PM

285 posts, read 644,508 times
One of Ohio's strengths is its location. We are within a day's drive of major cities in the midwest, east coast, south, and ontario. Ohio is at a geographic crossroads which also means that each region of the state has its own personality; another positive imo. I also like our mid sized cities because they offer many luxuries (sports, music, colleges, excellent food), but are small enough to avoid long commutes and many of the other stresses associated with living in a place like New York or Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio