Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 AM

231 posts, read 873,396 times

Advertisements

Precision Drilling Williston Office
4930 Hwy 85 South
Williston, North Dakota 58801

A corresponding youtube video about one guys experience. This was posted about 2 weeks ago.

North Dakota Oil Jobs - YouTube

Housing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgT9..._order&list=UL

Last edited by Tundra dweller; 11-02-2011 at 01:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 AM

8 posts, read 15,800 times
I have been reading as many threads as possible the past few days, and I still don't have a handle on the getting the job part.

I am ready to start packing up and getting my cold gear, but I don't want to come and not know how to get the job.

Any help would be awesome.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM

941 posts, read 1,915,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenw01 View Post
I have been reading as many threads as possible the past few days, and I still don't have a handle on the getting the job part.

I am ready to start packing up and getting my cold gear, but I don't want to come and not know how to get the job.

Any help would be awesome.
You know it is cuz it is unknown. I felt the same way but realized is just a chance and like anywhere you need to go and apply. Here where we live a lot of guys go there and tell eachother about it. That is how my husband founbd out I didn't even know of this as never saw it on T.V. Not until came here on forum and saw it was a big story. The main obstacle is not getting a job but where to stay. But I do understand the feeling, not until you actually start working do youu feel it is real.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:44 AM

55 posts, read 123,451 times
Man the shopper has alot of help wanted in it and either call for an app or go online...Pretty simple...

Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal.chaser View Post
Man the shopper has alot of help wanted in it and either call for an app or go online...Pretty simple...
Alot of those regular jobs(service) are always in the Shopper do you know if they are really always hiring? Or are they just picky or have a high turnover?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:59 AM

Great Question.....?....The ones I called are hiring,and were exstatic when I said I had housing.....

Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 AM

So they ask you if you have housing? Are you there already? What happens if you say you don't have housing do they not hire you? I hav ebeen thinkig of this and what we will say, as we don't have housing.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:39 AM

Nope,,not there yet,put off till the first week of Dec.now....Everytime I get everything lined out somethin else happens on the home front...LOL

Yes one of the first things asked is housing and a place to park it.......This should be common knowledge if people are actually calling to find out about jobs..They're very freindly if you don't and just tell ya to call when you get somethin lined out.....

You know around here a person can get a pretty decent Camper for around $2000,not the best and maybe alittle chilly but a place to start...Mine is dry rotted bad but is still in one piece,the heater works,and I have two elec heaters as well,won't use any water for the winter,as being not a problem with alot of otr trucking,you get used to it...

The only thing is I need a generator,and won't get till prolly my third or fourth paycheck....

I've got an 100 gallon propane tank mounted in the back of my truck and a coupla hoses to go with it,aswell as the two 40 pound tanks on the rv..

Not worried in the least....The only thing I worry about now is when I was 18 *awe the days*I worked on a road crew in ag work and remember stepping out of the shack and taking a breath and feeling my lungs just crackle...LOL.........42 now and already have arthritis....*bugger*

This worrys me,,breathing,do you get used to it,or simply remedied with covering the mouth and nose.........?....Being a native Kansan....

Anyways,I've had my coffee now,so I'm good.....LOL

Mike

Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM

We were gonna look for a camper but want to wait until there so I can pester the RV parks to rent a space. Since hopefully I will be the one in town am hoping my husband will be working, lol, I don't want to drive a camper I have problams already driving my car.

Ya you do get use to cold, well in your case though it is more difficult if you plan to work outside. I have never worked outside in cold, or anywhere. My husband use to work on boats in Alaska in Bering Sea and well I seriously doubt this will be a problem for him, lol, he said it was torture though. But you just do it and survive. He actually fell off the boat before and said the water was so cold he didn't feel anything but his head cramp up, but the crew caught him within a minute. I use to wear sandals in winter, lol, and people were like "what is wrong with her" but I rarely stepped out of my taxi only to go bathroom or put gas, and even then I'd run.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Laina if you can drive a taxi in alaska you can haul a camper..Don't belittle yourself........

Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota