Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 PM

249 posts, read 645,329 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah... every place I went asked me if I has a CDL... studying for it but not yet got it...

So... if you have a CDL... you're good to go...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
I enjoy hearing about your experiences....best of luck !!!

Dan

Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM

73 posts, read 202,977 times
Golfer, any luck today? Also, where are you staying and how are you holding up wherever it maybe? I know your busy but shoot us a message to keep us updated.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Tuesday in Dickinson....

Went to probably every company in the biz... I'm looking for a 14/14 or 21/7 type rotation so the pickings are few and far between it appears here....

Most companies ARE hiring though... a ton of jobs if you have a CDL, construction, etc. and want to relocate for a fulltime position. Most told me either 5 12's or 7 12's a week... seems overtime is definitely NOT a bad word here... LOL

Went to USC personnel and filled out an app and spoke to Rosa... she offered me a job on the spot and a lead for housing with a friend of hers... Super nice Lady.... Said they might be getting an order for 175 positions in the oilfield, but not closed it yet.... She said she will keep me in mind if she gets a rotational job order.... Said I should call her back on Friday of I haven't heard from her by then...

She has lots of non-oilfield jobs to tide someone over until they get something else if you move to Dickinson...

Most of the big guys here... Weatherford, H&P, Baker Hughes and Marathon ONLY accept apps online... so "no joy" in showing up in person...

Most every office I went into the people were very friendly...

Tomorrow... Bismarck and the NOMAC job fair... staying tonight at hotel in Bismarck while updating everyone...

After the job fair... hitting the road to Williston... see what that brings... no place to stay but, HEY, it's an ADVENTURE...right?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 PM

6 posts, read 15,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer2122 View Post
Tuesday in Dickinson....

Went to probably every company in the biz... I'm looking for a 14/14 or 21/7 type rotation so the pickings are few and far between it appears here....

Most companies ARE hiring though... a ton of jobs if you have a CDL, construction, etc. and want to relocate for a fulltime position. Most told me either 5 12's or 7 12's a week... seems overtime is definitely NOT a bad word here... LOL

Went to USC personnel and filled out an app and spoke to Rosa... she offered me a job on the spot and a lead for housing with a friend of hers... Super nice Lady.... Said they might be getting an order for 175 positions in the oilfield, but not closed it yet.... She said she will keep me in mind if she gets a rotational job order.... Said I should call her back on Friday of I haven't heard from her by then...

She has lots of non-oilfield jobs to tide someone over until they get something else if you move to Dickinson...

Most of the big guys here... Weatherford, H&P, Baker Hughes and Marathon ONLY accept apps online... so "no joy" in showing up in person...

Tomorrow... Bismarck and the NOMAC job fair... staying tonight at hotel in Bismarck while updating everyone...

After the job fair... hitting the road to Williston... see what that brings... no place to stay but, HEY, it's an ADVENTURE...right?
Good luck golfer and keep us updated.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:01 PM

581 posts, read 2,215,280 times
Quote:
Tuesday in Dickinson....

Make sure to go north from Bis to Minot then take Hwy 2 to Williston. (Dickinson to Williston on Hwy 85 is a nightmare with traffic) Then you'll get to see where most of the activity is around Stanley. In Williston try Cal Frac (4 miles west of town at junction of 2 and 85 right by the weigh scale) Sanjel, Schlumberger, and Halliburton are also hiring but will take quite some time to get through their process. Other places to stop for immediate work would be American Casing (west of Williston 1 mile just off 2/85 bypass that goes west...towards cal frac). I'd also try the Williston job service. I've worked with Ginger there and they are very helpful. Many, many more jobs in Williston than Dickinson.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Much appreciated kychlo !

Have to go back through Dickinson to drop back off some apps... and hit Missouri Well and Nabors in Belfield... took the trip from Dickinson to Williston this past Sunday... not too bad with the passing lane areas...

Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 PM

589 posts, read 300,106 times
Quote:
Tuesday in Dickinson....

Were you able to get any particular info on CDL jobs? Were they all driver jobs driving semi's?

Wishing you luck with that. Hope they get an order for rotational job for you and you get a call back.

How are you handling the weather coming from Florida? Are you in layers when you go in to apply at these places?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM

It's actually been nice... 60 yesterday mid 40's today... just jeans and a polo with jacket... have my parka for nighttimes...LOL

Old 11-01-2011, 11:20 PM

941 posts, read 1,914,946 times
So you are going to the Nomac job fair? My husband was going but we changed mind cuz at first they said if they called after recieveing resume, but then I called again and they said they take the resumes and it is open house that he will get 15 minutes. He has no oil experience so we decided to just wait until goes to Williston. Let me know how it goes. I hate those situations where you should/shouldn't go, lol......Good luck tomarrow and also post how Bismarck is......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota