Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2021, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,317 times

Advertisements

I own a condo in Manhattan. My maintenance fees are increased yearly and every year there is a new assessment.
Before I purchased the unit I was under the impression that assessments were a once in a while thing in condominium building.
We do not have any common areas in the building (rooftop, gym etc) but my maintenance fees are higher than in buildings in the area that do.
I suggested 2 Barcelona chairs for the lobby. The Board said no because they cost a few hundred dollars. Purchased a $29 stool for the lobby instead.
However, when I reviewed the Board Minutes they had given thousands of dollars in bonuses for "supervision of elevator renovation" etc to the building's super during the same period.
Are my maintenance fees used for all theses thousands of dollars bonuses for the super?
In 2020 the rental market crashed by 30% in NYC but according to our financial statement the rent we paid for the super's unit increased by 10% in 2020. How is this possible?
I came home one day and the hallway next to my unit was gone. The owners next door had combined 2 units into one with an exit in the opposite direction. No-one had informed me prior. Not the management company, board, super, contractor. I now have to wait for passage to exit because the exits are so close to each other. How is this possible? Condominium laws?
Been told by neighbors that the Board are elderly former renters in the building and do not know much.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:24 PM

93,279 posts, read 123,898,066 times
I would try the NYC forum.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York