Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 09:45 PM

1,239 posts, read 311,180 times

Advertisements

Weed is good because it’s the drug of choice for *people of color*. Cigarettes are evil because it’s a white and Asian drug. Weed is amazing, didn’t you know!?!

Every time I smell the stench of weed outside it reminds me of how absolutely stupid this city is. We got rid of cigarettes only to bring in weed in even larger amounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2024, 12:36 AM

10,056 posts, read 14,929,390 times
That’s a “nice” way to put it. I never thought of the irony.

They went so hard against smoking you don’t see billboards of the camel anymore and in many places you can’t smoke a cigarette even on the sidewalk (I have never been a smoker and even I think this is crossing the line.) Fast foward to 2024 and much of Manhattan smells like weed and it’s legal!

I guess lung and mouth cancers make exceptions to weed smokers. lol

I think weed needs to become illegal again at all levels, at least in Manhattan to get rid of that smell.

See the second image here: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...a-legalization

Old 04-07-2024, 04:41 AM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
They have been normalizing the lame for some time now.
From music to attire to behavior. Weed is just a small part of it.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:54 AM

2,602 posts, read 1,205,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
They have been normalizing the lame for some time now.
From music to attire to behavior. Weed is just a small part of it.
They've made living in NYC such a crappy experience that people need to be stoned out of their minds 24/7 to deal with it!

Old 04-07-2024, 08:24 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
Just shows you the anti-smoking BS was all about control and not people’s health. Kinda funny that the anti-smoking zealots are afraid of the weed worshippers.

Old 04-07-2024, 10:02 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Weed is slavery, if POC prefers being slaves then that's a democratic choice vs forced slavery. If you look at all of the crime, social inequality, and what the government provides to homeless folks their cannibus allowance monthly. It keeps them enslaved, nice of democrats to use weed.

Young people robbing and stealing stores. At the end of the day, it's just for smokes. They have no wealth to show for, even if they have mountains of money from dealing drugs they are still slaved to the city and state that keeps them in a crummy basement or crack house in nyc.

This is what democrats created, the modern day slavery.

Old 04-07-2024, 06:09 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
The stench of weed lingers longer and travels farther than tobacco in my experience, which is why I detest where we have come as a society on the weed front. I've long said that I'm ok with decriminalization of simple marijuana possession, but I don't support legalization and the such.

Old 04-07-2024, 11:20 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,512,757 times
I'm not sure what the beef is. While I'm sure weed is easier to get than tobacco (and where I live it's easier to get than hard liquor), aren't the restrictions on public smoking the same for weed as for regular cigarettes? In other words, this isn't like the 1960s where you smelled tobacco smoke everywhere, and it isn't like that with weed smoke now.

I live in Eugene, Oregon. The price of decent quality marijuana here has become lower in 2024 dollars than it was anywhere in the 1970s, in 1970s dollars. In spite of that, other than an occasional whiff of the aroma if I'm walking around downtown, and the widespread presence of cannabis stores, I really don't notice anything about it.

Old 04-08-2024, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Just shows you the anti-smoking BS was all about control and not people’s health. Kinda funny that the anti-smoking zealots are afraid of the weed worshippers.
One thing I wonder is how many of the anti-smoking are into consuming weed, hence the contradiction of many?

Old 04-08-2024, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Those Who Squirm View Post
I'm not sure what the beef is. While I'm sure weed is easier to get than tobacco (and where I live it's easier to get than hard liquor), aren't the restrictions on public smoking the same for weed as for regular cigarettes? In other words, this isn't like the 1960s where you smelled tobacco smoke everywhere, and it isn't like that with weed smoke now.

I live in Eugene, Oregon. The price of decent quality marijuana here has become lower in 2024 dollars than it was anywhere in the 1970s, in 1970s dollars. In spite of that, other than an occasional whiff of the aroma if I'm walking around downtown, and the widespread presence of cannabis stores, I really don't notice anything about it.
I can tell you haven’t been to Manhattan, NY in recent times. No one in their right mind would say that many of the streets in Manhattan don’t smell like weed, because they do. It isn’t as if you only smell it when near some weed selling truck/business. It literally is everywhere. This is not an exaggeration. From now moving forward this smell is going to get worse as the air warms up and becomes more humid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: