Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 06:19 AM

2,604 posts, read 3,399,038 times

Advertisements

And every week that witch Hochul makes a statement that they are going to shut down all those illegal weed shops but nothing happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2024, 06:38 AM

3,180 posts, read 1,654,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
And every week that witch Hochul makes a statement that they are going to shut down all those illegal weed shops but nothing happens.
How? They couldn't even shutdown weed dealers before the state even allowed weed. Hochul is like one of my female bosses. Always over-promises and under-delivers such as most female bosses and opens up opportunity while people around roast her behind her back.

Old 04-08-2024, 10:55 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,212,637 times
I guarantee if you opened up a bar without a liquor license and were as brazen about it as these shops, they'd stomp on you pretty quickly.

Old 04-08-2024, 12:34 PM

1,238 posts, read 311,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
I guarantee if you opened up a bar without a liquor license and were as brazen about it as these shops, they'd stomp on you pretty quickly.
1,000%. So the question is, why aren’t these being closed down? It’s not like those opening up are hiding it.

Old 04-14-2024, 01:46 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,235,519 times
Quote:
this. They absolutely could shut down illegal weed stores if they wanted to.

Old 04-14-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
this. They absolutely could shut down illegal weed stores if they wanted to.
So the question is why aren’t they?

Let’s say an individual opened an unlicensed liquor store, how fast would it get shut down?

Why the difference?

Old 04-14-2024, 07:05 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Weed is good because it’s the drug of choice for *people of color*. Cigarettes are evil because it’s a white and Asian drug. Weed is amazing, didn’t you know!?!

Every time I smell the stench of weed outside it reminds me of how absolutely stupid this city is. We got rid of cigarettes only to bring in weed in even larger amounts.
Hilariously inaccurate. White population loves it just as much,even more than people of color. Asians love it too, but are very lowkey about it.

Those 2 groups run the New Cartel ,growing and serving the
unlicensed storefront, best believe it!!!

Old 04-15-2024, 07:58 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,236,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Weed is good because it’s the drug of choice for *people of color*. Cigarettes are evil because it’s a white and Asian drug. Weed is amazing, didn’t you know!?!

Every time I smell the stench of weed outside it reminds me of how absolutely stupid this city is. We got rid of cigarettes only to bring in weed in even larger amounts.
Making this a race thing is peak city-data-ny dumbassery.

Look at the stats for who was actually smoking cigarettes before the big anti tobacco blitz of the last quarter century.

Weed is not "good" for racial reasons it's "good" because there was an uncontested PR campaign since the early 70s, by NORML & friends, to paint cannabis as the harmless, all-natural stress reliever in contrast with bad old booze, instead of the addictive substance it really is.

The whole "hemp" thing, the idea that weed is a "medicine, maaan" ( as you will often hear self-medicating potheads refer to their drug of choice)...these are the results of rhis campaign.

Nothing to do with race.

Old 04-15-2024, 08:10 AM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Just shows you the anti-smoking BS was all about control and not people’s health. Kinda funny that the anti-smoking zealots are afraid of the weed worshippers.

Nah. Anti-smoking was about the right to not be wallowing in the crap of someone else’s chosen bad habit. Ine of the high points of health related legislation in this era. It’s not just on the streets, it used to be that if you went out for a meal, only one smoker would stink up the place, and non smokers had no say.

Old 04-15-2024, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Hilariously inaccurate. White population loves it just as much,even more than people of color. Asians love it too, but are very lowkey about it.

Those 2 groups run the New Cartel ,growing and serving the
unlicensed storefront, best believe it!!!
There was no mention of the proprietors or unlicensed storefronts. The issue is one of the city choosing not to shut them down. The question is why.

As for the popularity of weed among the white and Asian populations, I belive you are very wrong. Weed might be popular among the wannabe hipsters of Bed Stuy or some select group of teenage Asians but it’s not as widely popular among the entire community.

If it was a question of prescription abuse, fentanyl, etc. I’d agree with you. With weed that’s not the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: