Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 09:30 PM

14,052 posts, read 13,926,968 times

Advertisements

Have subways craziness got worst after 2020 ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 09:32 PM

11,460 posts, read 5,980,816 times
You mean checking the bags of old ladies and young nursing mothers didn't turn up this gun? You know this script. The perp will turn out to be a repeat violent offender who has multiple warrants and is out on a no-cash bail release after doing a light sentence his last stint, thanks to woke DAs and liberal judges.

Alternate would be crazy homeless, also in and out of prison over the years and lots of warrants. Knife, razor blade AND gun really screams crazy homeless, but who knows?

Who really thought the dog and pony show that is the National Guard and checking the tote bags of upscale shoppers, would have any impact on subway crime at all? It is all for show in an election year. LOL.

I am just glad the intended victim turned the tables on the assailant.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:34 PM

2,614 posts, read 1,213,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Have subways craziness got worst after 2020 ?

Old 03-14-2024, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
And people are crying about the bag checks! You wanna be shot on the train or sliced? Then welcome the bag checks. If you are decent person, you got nothing to worry about. Remember weed is legal now. They don't care about that.
Checking the bags of old ladies and downtown shoppers is as useless to finding guns on violent criminals, as masking is to stopping the spread of Covid 19.

It is all just for show.

It is less than useless. It does nothing.

Want to stop criminals? Then go back to profiling with stop and frisk on the criminal types, rather than pulling the high-priced lawyer randomly out of the line and going through her tote bag.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
We need less police! We need more bail reform! We need less people stopped and searched! We need to raise the age of the prosecution of young criminals! We need to stop checking people bags randomly! We need to empty the jails for covid! We need to close jails!

Only one party supports all of the above. But hey, make sure you stay home during the next election.

I have a large bag of popcorn and it is funny watching New York City circle the drain because the brainless NYC voters can't figure out that the progressives they keep electing are the cause of all this damage, destruction, chaos and crime.

It is comforting knowing the NYC voters deserve exactly what they are getting.

What is not fun is seeing the victim class being abused by the unbridled crime. I wish very badly that the NYC voters would wake up and make changes away from people like Alvin Bragg. So long as they continue to foolishly vote for one soft-on-crime Left wing progressive after another, they deserve what they get.

I wish they would wake up but I am not holding my breath. Things will have to get a LOT worse before they are willing to admit they have been voting wrong their entire lives.

Old 03-14-2024, 09:58 PM

34,078 posts, read 47,269,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I have a large bag of popcorn and it is funny watching New York City circle the drain because the brainless NYC voters can't figure out that the progressives they keep electing are the cause of all this damage, destruction, chaos and crime.

It is comforting knowing the NYC voters deserve exactly what they are getting.

What is not fun is seeing the victim class being abused by the unbridled crime. I wish very badly that the NYC voters would wake up and make changes away from people like Alvin Bragg. So long as they continue to foolishly vote for one soft-on-crime Left wing progressive after another, they deserve what they get.

I wish they would wake up but I am not holding my breath. Things will have to get a LOT worse before they are willing to admit they have been voting wrong their entire lives.
I didn't know Knoxville had its own sub-forum on C-D. Cool.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-15-2024, 04:08 AM

16,029 posts, read 6,838,234 times
Opinion:

It has gone from concerning to comical.

I'm confident the next local announcement will reflect the current MTA crisis.

"Dear New Yorkers. The subways are safe to ride. Provocateurs are now shooting themselves. No need to worry. "

Can it possibly get any worse?

Old 03-15-2024, 06:13 AM

2,439 posts, read 1,216,282 times
And just like that the post got derailed from what a sh*t hole NYC has become, to where do you live. Impressive.

Old 03-15-2024, 06:16 AM

1,298 posts, read 321,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Lol
As long as something is true, it’s not a persona attack? Just to want to make sure.

Old 03-15-2024, 07:27 AM

821 posts, read 774,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam7floor-IamCool View Post
He is a dumb N word.

And a Haitian who has ancestry that ate humans. A dumb N word.
You can’t say stuff like that unless you are at a KKK meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City