Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 08:07 PM

34,081 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Is that an admission that you vote for Democrats for handouts?
I don't vote at all

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 08:09 PM

3,730 posts, read 3,466,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I mean he does have a point.
Too many people who don't actually live in NYC act like they live here, and they don't.
I was born and raised in the Bronx, only just moved out recently in my old age.
I work Daily in NYC, I have most of my extended family in NYC, I still have a lot to say about NYC. I am in NYC more than I am at home.

Sorry, I have a lot invested in this city, so I will keep voicing my opinions.

He mentions my "move out" in almost every thread I post in. Me thinks his jealousy is just showing.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:09 PM

Quote:
How does living here have any relevance? I’m sure there are people who live here that have the same opinions as those who don’t live here so what difference does it make?

Just because someone lives here makes their opinion automatically more valid?

I live here. If I told you 2+2 = 6 and someone who doesn’t live here told you it equals 4, who would you believe ?
I must hand it to the Republicans, they definitely get free advertising from people on City-Data, I wonder how they get these ppl to work for them for free

Old 03-14-2024, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I work Daily in NYC, I have most of my extended family in NYC, I still have a lot to say about NYC.

He mentions my "move out" in almost every thread I post in. Me thinks his jealousy is just showing.
Trust me I'm not jealous. If anything you're mad at yourself that you couldn't afford a better area of the Bronx. Are you a caretaker? Don't give me the family nonsense.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:14 PM

1,302 posts, read 326,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I must hand it to the Republicans, they definitely get free advertising from people on City-Data, I wonder how they get these ppl to work for them for free
Debate the merits of the argument. If you can’t, be an adult and let others debate it. You’re acting like a kid who doesn’t get picked for the game and then throws a tantrum and tries to ruin the game.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
I work Daily in NYC, I have most of my extended family in NYC, I still have a lot to say about NYC. I am in NYC more than I am at home.

You don’t have to justify anything. Anyone can have an opinion on NYC. The merits of the argument should the debated, not who’s making the argument.

Avoiding the merits of the argument and attacking the messenger is a sign of weakness.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Debate the merits of the argument. If you can’t, be an adult and let others debate it. You’re acting like a kid who doesn’t get picked for the game and then throws a tantrum and tries to ruin the game.
I don't play games

Old 03-14-2024, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I don't play games
So debate the merits of the argument. The messenger is irrelevant. All I see is you attacking messengers but never engaging in debating the merits of an argument. Why?

Quote:
You don’t have to justify anything. Anyone can have an opinion on NYC. The merits of the argument should the debated, not who’s making the argument.

Avoiding the merits of the argument and attacking the messenger is a sign of weakness.
There's not even an argument here. Just the facts in that someone who doesn't live in NYC is trying to tell people who live in NYC how to vote. Like go tell ppl in Rockland how to vote.

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
I mean he does have a point.
Too many people who don't actually live in NYC act like they live here, and they don't.
So if you live there, you CAN tell people how to vote? Pretty sure you can't, regardless, anywhere...

Wow; my subway ride in NYC (I don't live there) wasn't this exciting, but it does explain why so few people were willing to help me figure out the stops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City