Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 04:07 PM

107,062 posts, read 109,362,256 times

Advertisements

well you are quite wrong so stop thinking..the apartments were all held by my wife and i and our son taking half and a partner and his wife taking half

we also held the commercial lease rights too in that were sold to the big developers the ashkenazy group for 18.8 million .

my wife and i and our son held a 10% stake in the lease rights and 90% was held by real estate mogul bernard spitzer

who cares how many get in to these deals … the deals are there …if one wants to learn they can do it . they just don’t know how.

they are so lucrative because most don’t know how to access the market

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-09-2024 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2024, 04:29 PM

190 posts, read 455,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm pretty clueless, but...what makes it difficult to market? It's still a crazy seller's market out there.
I guess, this is not the case in my segment. Those with the big bucks don't need such a small coop, or a coop at all. And they probably want 2br/2ba, we have only 1 bathroom.

The reason we bought this apartment in 2014 was that this was the only one true 2br available that was 900+ sq feet in size, zooned for 2 great schools, right near the transit and all the stores, and near the parks, with the doorman, garage and storage, and for less than 800K. All the other apartments in this area were 900K+, or mostly over 1M. We needed a good school for our daughter that she can walk to, and wanted to be able get to work quickly. This one ticked all the boxes.

Old 03-09-2024, 04:30 PM

The point in the question is - how do you spread the word and get the listing in front of more people. Earlier today, I tried some facebook groups with limited success - have a few people interested to see it, and a few agents that may know someone who might be interested.

Old 03-09-2024, 04:33 PM

107,062 posts, read 109,362,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoNYC View Post
The point in the question is - how do you spread the word and get the listing in front of more people. Earlier today, I tried some facebook groups with limited success - have a few people interested to see it, and a few agents that may know someone who might be interested.
it is really up to motivating all the brokers to send the traffic your way. it becomes more important when the market is slower

Old 03-09-2024, 04:36 PM

1,302 posts, read 358,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well you are quite wrong so stop thinking..the apartments were all held by my wife and i and our son taking half and a partner and his wife taking half

we also held the commercial lease rights too in that were sold to the big developers the ashkenazy group for 18.8 million .

my wife and i and our son held a 10% stake in the lease rights and 90% was held by real estate mogul bernard spitzer

who cares how many get in to these deals … the deals are there …if one wants to learn they can do it . they just don’t know how.

they are so lucrative because most don’t know how to access the market
So I was right.

Of course, these deals are so lucrative not because it’s a closed market with insiders trading apartments but because you’re a true genius that figures out what everyone else couldn’t.

Just give it up. You literally lucked into a deal due to a heavily regulated market. I have a close family member invest early in bitcoin and cash out $7MM net but he’s normal and doesn’t tell everyone at the first opportunity because it shows how clever he was.

If you figured out some secret, have you done more of these deals? Why do you only mention this one? Maybe because this was the only one you lucked into?

Old 03-09-2024, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it is really up to motivating all the brokers to send the traffic your way. it becomes more important when the market is slower
aren't they motivated by the 2.5% commission that any buyer's agent would get?

Old 03-09-2024, 04:40 PM

Quote:
I wouldn’t panic unless you’re short on time. It’s just a matter of time. This is NYC. Someone will come along who needs the apartment.

Before the ZIRP mania, average time on market for 3 months.

How long has your apartment been on the market? You mentioned 3 open houses so safe to guess less than 6 weeks?

Old 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
I wouldn’t panic unless you’re short on time. It’s just a matter of time. This is NYC. Someone will come along who needs the apartment.

Before the ZIRP mania, average time on market for 3 months.

How long has your apartment been on the market? You mentioned 3 open houses so safe to guess less than 6 weeks?
Even less. Just 3.5 weeks. I am concerned about the trend. It's listed on the MLS, and therefore, StreetEasy, Zillow, etc. And no one even shows up for the open houses. That's very concerning.

Old 03-09-2024, 04:43 PM

Quote:
aren't they motivated by the 2.5% commission that any buyer's agent would get?
95% of NYC agents are lazy. There’s so much business in this city, most professional agents don’t care. The RE market in Manhattan is basically a mob operation so there’s always business. They’re not going to go the extra step. They know that eventually it’ll sell.

If you want a motivated agent, you’d probably have to cycle through more than a handful.

Last edited by blanketyblank; 03-09-2024 at 04:51 PM..

Old 03-09-2024, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Even less. Just 3.5 weeks. I am concerned about the trend. It's listed on the MLS, and therefore, StreetEasy, Zillow, etc. And no one even shows up for the open houses. That's very concerning.
Statistically that doesn’t mean much. You only need one who needs it. The days of bidding wars are over anyway. The only people looking are those that need it. The fiscal year for many companies (especially international) start in April and that’s when there’s more demand due to relocation of personnel .

You can ask that they sponsor the listing on streeteasy and Zillow to get it in front of more eyeballs.

What have comps gone for in the last 90 days?

Last edited by blanketyblank; 03-09-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City