Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 10:48 AM

1,302 posts, read 358,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
you would be incorrect

it was my idea and with multiple listings it isn’t just your agent showing it .

you could clearly see other agent’s prioritizing the listing as well .

the other agents were not that actively feeding us with potential buyers either but that changed when we offered more so it isn’t about just your agent.

now i noticed the op said they were paying 5% ..isn’t the typical going rate for an agent 6% ?

so if it is typically 6% why would other agents show your place over someone paying more
You did the right thing. Unless you’re selling really high end RE in NYC, 95% of agents are car salesman. They just want the quickest/easiest buck. Not exactly laying bricks or shingling roofs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2024, 02:31 PM

107,040 posts, read 109,362,256 times
we sold some pretty high end apartments off in the 2nd most desirable co-op building in manhattan the 200 central park south building where we had 9 apartments .

those apartments sold very quickly once we put them up for sale and we are taking 7 figures each .

douglas elliman not only handled the sales but they were also our mgmt. company

Old 03-09-2024, 02:40 PM

Quote:
we sold some pretty high end apartments off in the 2nd most desirable co-op building in manhattan the 200 central park south building where we had 9 apartments .

those apartments sold very quickly once we put them up for sale and we are taking 7 figures each .

douglas elliman not only handled the sales but they were also our mgmt. company
I haven’t been on this site long but you tell this story every chance you get. It’s like a high school athlete reliving their glory days. What was your equity stake? Just tell everyone how much money you made off the deal and be done with it.

By high end RE, I meant $20MM+. Legitimately high end.

Middle class houses in transit deserts in Brooklyn and Queens are going for 7 figures and being handled by the most average of RE agents.

I used to work in a company where the owners had hundreds of millions of dollars of RE across the US. They didn’t talk about their RE deals/holdings as much as you do.

Old 03-09-2024, 02:52 PM

212 posts, read 105,060 times
Goddamn, your maintenance fee is only 800 less than my entire mortgage + property tax granted I put down a fat down payment, but that's still insane to me. Maybe we're in different tax brackets, but what's the justification for such a purchase? It just sounds like a terrible financial decision regardless of income. This sounds like something I would never want to buy because it just sounds like a terrible deal.

Old 03-09-2024, 03:09 PM

22,115 posts, read 13,129,541 times
I'm pretty clueless, but...what makes it difficult to market? It's still a crazy seller's market out there.

Old 03-09-2024, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I'm pretty clueless, but...what makes it difficult to market? It's still a crazy seller's market out there.
I’ve heard the same lately. That there are plenty of people looking relative to supply but not that many who can close. Not sure if it’s the banks rejecting people as they go through the loan process or once people actually sit down and run the numbers, many people get scared off. This is for properties in the $700K - $1MM range which is your standard middle class range in m NYC/LI.

I pretty much think unless you have a fat down payment (30%+), banks are going to reject the loan.

Old 03-09-2024, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
I haven’t been on this site long but you tell this story every chance you get. It’s like a high school athlete reliving their glory days. What was your equity stake? Just tell everyone how much money you made off the deal and be done with it.

By high end RE, I meant $20MM+. Legitimately high end.

Middle class houses in transit deserts in Brooklyn and Queens are going for 7 figures and being handled by the most average of RE agents.

I used to work in a company where the owners had hundreds of millions of dollars of RE across the US. They didn’t talk about their RE deals/holdings as much as you do.
better then your complaining every chance you get ..

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-09-2024 at 03:32 PM..

Old 03-09-2024, 03:37 PM

Quote:
better then your complaining every chance you get ..
So how much did you make? You said you had partners. Were you a junior partner? Were you a way just to get into the deal because you already lived in the building? Did you make $1MM, $10Mm, $100MM? You keep telling us this story as if you discovered the moon.

Old 03-09-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
So how much did you make? You said you had partners. Were you a junior partner? Were you a way just to get into the deal because you already lived in the building? Did you make $1MM, $10Mm, $100MM? You keep telling us this story as if you discovered the moon.
none of your business .

i only reference what i want to disclose as well as if there is a reason to talk about . it comes up a lot in this thread because most have no clue how rent stabilized apartments can be a gold mine nor how they work when it comes to bought and sold

Old 03-09-2024, 04:03 PM

Quote:
none of your business .

i only reference what i want to disclose as well as if there is a reason to talk about . it comes up a lot in this thread because most have no clue how rent stabilized apartments can be a gold mine nor how they work when it comes to bought and sold
You know what I think? You were a junior partner with less than a 10% stake because you were just a way to get into the deal. Now you tell the story to inflate your value in the deal. Your story is literally irrelevant. What percentage of people do RE investing in NYC let alone even have access to these deals? .01%?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City