Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 02:06 PM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times

Advertisements

i got the first few covid vaccines and done . no more , no flu shots or anything else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 03:04 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,219,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i got the first few covid vaccines and done . no more , no flu shots or anything else
Same here. In many of the places where the shot is being offered now, there people in those locations who aren't even wearing masks!

Old 01-10-2024, 04:16 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I've never had a flu shot, either. I am considering the Shingrix vaccine, though. My mother got shingles and it was horrifying.

Daughter and I were discussing not getting COVID. Neither of us have had it, and she was living with her now-ex bf in a small apartment when he had it. Since then she has been exposed to others with COVID but did not get it. We know we can't be immune, but it's weird. She is only 32, but I am 65.

As I said upthread, I am often around a lot of people at business events. We are back to handshakes, close-in conversations, etc. I take NJ Transit trains, PATH, the subway. Just surprising.

Watch, I will get it now and keel over and you can all laugh.

Old 01-11-2024, 12:02 PM

17,201 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've never had a flu shot, either. I am considering the Shingrix vaccine, though. My mother got shingles and it was horrifying.

Daughter and I were discussing not getting COVID. Neither of us have had it, and she was living with her now-ex bf in a small apartment when he had it. Since then she has been exposed to others with COVID but did not get it. We know we can't be immune, but it's weird. She is only 32, but I am 65.

As I said upthread, I am often around a lot of people at business events. We are back to handshakes, close-in conversations, etc. I take NJ Transit trains, PATH, the subway. Just surprising.

I got the first two shots during the early onset, as I was a federal government contractor, and it was required to enter government buildings as employees. On most days, I was working from home with my two kids doing school from home. So the three of us together in my little 2/2 apartment practically 24/7. I got COVID... Twice over the course of a year, AFTER I got the shots. First time wasn't so bad -- I lost my sense of taste. Second time was horrible.

My kids never got the shots, and never got sick despite breathing the same air I was breathing.

My ex-wife -- a nurse -- never got it, and she never got the shots either.

Go figure.

Old 01-12-2024, 05:00 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:

Note: As far as I remember.
The shingles shot is a two shooter. 2 shots.
Family member had painful first shot reaction.
Was never explained side effect can result in
swollen lymph nodes. Never went back for second.

Do your research. Best wishes.

Old 01-12-2024, 06:25 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Note: As far as I remember.
The shingles shot is a two shooter. 2 shots.
Family member had painful first shot reaction.
Was never explained side effect can result in
swollen lymph nodes. Never went back for second.

Do your research. Best wishes.
I have heard of some bad reactions. Asked two of my sisters who had it. Neither had a reaction. I just remember how our mother suffered with Shingles. She was 90, which I doubt I will see, but still. It's a decision I have to make, but not today.

Old 01-12-2024, 11:43 AM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
I've never had a flu shot, either. I am considering the Shingrix vaccine, though.
Oooh. I'm warning you, that vaccine is killer! I never felt anything when taking the flu shot. Nothing. But, that vaccine (and the booster they recommend you get within 2-6 mos after you get the first one), really, really laid me out. Ugh. But, I don't want shingles so...

My mom (87) likewise felt really ill after the shingrix vaccine vs. feeling nothing over the flu and covid vaccine and all it's subsequent boosters.

Old 01-14-2024, 08:01 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,219,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
Oooh. I'm warning you, that vaccine is killer! I never felt anything when taking the flu shot. Nothing. But, that vaccine (and the booster they recommend you get within 2-6 mos after you get the first one), really, really laid me out. Ugh. But, I don't want shingles so...

My mom (87) likewise felt really ill after the shingrix vaccine vs. feeling nothing over the flu and covid vaccine and all it's subsequent boosters.
It sure is!

Old 01-22-2024, 11:33 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
https://www.howardstern.com/show/202...ver-the-break/

This guy has been notoriously careful with all the proper precautions like wearing a MASK and being fully VACCINATED and BOOSTED.

And yet... he STILL contracted covid!!!

He had never had it before because he barely left his house for 3 YEARS!

Just goes to show how easy it is to contract these days if a really careful and wealthy and talented guy like Howard Stern could get it!

Thank Goodness more people are wearing MASKS these days!

Yup..........Being Rich or Famous does not necissarily mean being smart.........................

Old 01-22-2024, 11:35 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Yup..........Being Rich or Famous does not necissarily mean being smart.........................
just look at dave ramsey for proof of that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City