Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 01:33 PM

17,319 posts, read 15,498,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
People did not stay at home. People did not wear masks. There were mandates put in place but people still insisted on not complying. I'm telling you guys right now to wear a mask, and all of you say, no. And then you wonder why Covid won't go away.
... I'm pretty sure practically everyone did those things, at least for a while. What do you mean "did not stay at home?" Everything was shut down, everywhere. The few places that were still open REQUIRED masks for entry. The virus is here to stay. Enough with the foolishness. People need to live. Being trapped indoors all day every day is extremely unhealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 01:39 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,425,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
... I'm pretty sure practically everyone did those things, at least for a while. What do you mean "did not stay at home?" Everything was shut down, everywhere. The few places that were still open REQUIRED masks for entry. The virus is here to stay. Enough with the foolishness. People need to live. Being trapped indoors all day every day is extremely unhealthy.
I've seen endless news coverage of people assaulting store employees because they were asked to put on a mask upon entrance. Trust me, people fought tooth and nail against it, to the point where so much misinformation was spread through social media.

Last edited by TheWiseShopper; 01-09-2024 at 02:11 PM..

Old 01-09-2024, 02:16 PM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumidifier View Post
How do the weights and smoking histories of those people compare?
Younger sister who almost died is overweight but not obese, quit smoking 20 years ago. She was 60 when she got sick the first time. Was not vaccinated, of course, because vax for her age group was not yet available or maybe just had become but she couldn't get an appointment.

Brother who had a mild case is not overweight, smokes like a chimney both nicotine and marijuana, and has a heart condition. He was 54 at the time. He was not vaccinated, of course, because at his age he wasn't even eligible yet in late winter 2021, and I don't think he has been since.

Older sister is not overweight, in her Seventies, still smokes around ten cigs a day. Fairly mild case, felt like crap for a few days but was still able to get up and walk the dog and had to do the caregiving for her incapacitated husband because aides and nurses don't come to the house if you test positive. She basically had no choice. There was no one else to walk the dog and take care of her husband. Definitely all vaccinations and boosters--required with Medicaid aides and nurses coming to the house. But she is a retired nurse herself and probably would have anyway.

I have two other siblings, another brother and aanother sister, bro never smoked cigs, smokes pot every day, sister quit cigs about ten years ago, neither overweight, bro got the first two vaxes, that sister zero vaxes, neither have had COVID.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:33 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,707,712 times
Weight isn't the only risk factor, blood type, underlying condition, and medical history. It also depends how quickly you heal from other infections to show how strong is your innate immune system.

I've known folks who nearly died from covid who are long haulers that are super fit and healthy too but got slammed by Covid.

Old 01-09-2024, 03:24 PM

11,316 posts, read 18,927,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it will never be over ….

it has joined us permanently like flu and a cold .

actually the second time i had coldvid three months ago i would take that over a cold any day it was so mild.

nothing like delta which actually effected my sugar levels permanently and had lasting effects .

they shouldn’t even call what we have today covid because it is so different from the devastating original.

it morphed and morphed to get around the vaccines each time getting further and further away from what it did best until it falls right in with a mere cold and flu , neither of which i live a life around not getting.

Exactly as it was eventually expected/predicted to do.

Old 01-09-2024, 03:31 PM

8,702 posts, read 11,102,822 times
why is this news? No one cares

Old 01-09-2024, 03:44 PM

3,522 posts, read 1,425,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
Exactly as it was eventually expected/predicted to do.
Nope, certainly not what was predicted...

https://theworld.org/stories/2021-01...-anthony-fauci

Old 01-09-2024, 04:10 PM

16,154 posts, read 6,896,236 times
Quote:
Nope, certainly not what was predicted...

https://theworld.org/stories/2021-01...-anthony-fauci
Toilet credibility.......................

Old 01-09-2024, 05:01 PM

350 posts, read 230,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I've never had covid
Me either...and I've never been vaccinated or boosted. I'm the same age as Howard and went out without a mask as soon as we were able to. I focused instead on keeping my immune system strong.

Old 01-09-2024, 06:07 PM

10,037 posts, read 9,523,851 times
Quote:
People did not stay at home. People did not wear masks. There were mandates put in place but people still insisted on not complying. I'm telling you guys right now to wear a mask, and all of you say, no. And then you wonder why Covid won't go away.
You mean mandates put into place by the likes of California Governor Gavin Newsom and then Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti? Newsom mandated no inside dining yet was caught dining inside. Or maybe when Eric Garcetti was giving one of his daily updates telling everyone you have to mask. Yet was photographed at a pre-Super Bowl party without his mask. You don’t have to guess why people don’t trust their government leaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City