Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 01:59 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,506,290 times

Advertisements

On a legal basis, this is not correct. A violation of the law is a crime, whether it creates a victim or not. Think insider trading. There's no real victim, but it's still a crime.

Also note, this is NOT a criminal case, it's a civil one. So the rules of evidence are not as tilted in the defendant's favor. And, also, there's no criminal punishment. He can't go to jail for this. They can only get a money judgement. The big question here is who gets the money. The state is very much not the victim here, but I suspect they'll get the judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Thankyou.
As I thought. If there are no victims there is no crime.

The way I understand it and it does not make any sense at all why this is even in a N.Y.C. court.

No appraisal reconsideration ? No second appraisal? ( No victim? This one got me! )
Is this just an Appraisal Fraud accusation brought by Letita James ( on behalf of who ) against the Trump Family ?

Something don't smell right..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2023, 02:01 PM

34,126 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoplewatcher222 View Post
Laticia James is a complete orc. A demonic menace.

These menaces were installed like wrecking balls because the powers that be know how they ruin cities and cause corruption and chaos.
Powers that be? Tell me more.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-07-2023, 02:06 PM

15,868 posts, read 14,506,290 times
I suspect he's implying Soros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Powers that be? Tell me more.

Old 11-07-2023, 02:07 PM

34,126 posts, read 47,349,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I suspect he's implying Soros.
I'm sure he or she is. Meaning that if people are being bought and paid, he or she is asking for morality in a capitalist-dominated society. Like there's feelings in business. Lol you can't make this stuff up. Covid really did a number on people man, it's sad.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-07-2023, 05:47 PM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
How many other people overvalue their property - I bet you 95% of politicians do the same. Let's get the figures for Bernie's properties and see what he did.

Letetia James ran on taking Trump down - I hope the next gov - takes a look at her. There are skeletons in everyone's closets as we've seen with Adams and I want them all exposed from both sides.
As many a mother has said; it doesn't matter what others did, *you* were the one that got caught.

Old 11-07-2023, 05:52 PM

31,941 posts, read 27,057,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
There's one part in your examples that's missing from what Trump did. In your examples, the commodity was actually sold for the price you state. Once a buyer is actually willing to pony up the money to buy a commodity at a given price, it is, by definition, worth that price.

So let's say you own a piece of property, and need to value it without actually selling it. How do you do that? You compare it to other similar pieces of property that have sold recently. So if you need to get the value of your 4 bedroom 2 bath 2000sqft house, and there's a house of similar size and configuration down the block that sold for $650,000, you can legitimately say that your house is worth the same amount. This is called a comparable, or shortened, a comp.

What Trump did, was pick arbitrary amounts, vastly above what any comps might have been, and used those numbers to establish collateral for loans. However, if he defaulted, and the bank had to sell the property, they would have found they could sell it for only a small fraction of the originally declared value, and would be stuck for the rest.

Now having said that, it's part of the bank's due diligence to confirm the value of the collateral. Sometimes they don't do this, because they want to make the loans and collect the fees and interest. And, nowadays when loans are often sold off by the originating bank, if it defaults down the line, it's not their problem. So Trump was able to get way with overstating the value of his properties, because the banks were complicit. But, there are laws against doing this. So when the political layer in NYC wanted to go after him, this give them fodder to do so. Note that it was Letitia James pushing this, not any of the banks. In the end, they got paid, and didn't care.
No, that is not wholly true. Shill bidding and other sorts of fraud that drive up prices for an item or asset are illegal and or can lead to civil or criminal legal action.

Old 11-07-2023, 09:09 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,906,259 times
it doesn't matter. he's GUILTY. they're trying to figure out how much he's about to dish out

Old 11-07-2023, 09:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 765,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
it doesn't matter. he's GUILTY. they're trying to figure out how much he's about to dish out
LIABLE. There’s no guilt in civil trials . Massive difference in courts.

Old 11-08-2023, 02:50 AM

4,858 posts, read 457,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
We are witnessing an extermination of a brand and a man behind it. This has to happen at any cost so he doesnt win an election.
Their theatre can not be disturbed \ and the brain dead president must stay in place.
Somewhere I read: "It's impossible to get a man to see something, when his livelihood depends upon him not seeing it."

...Or impossible to get a man to see plain facts that would require him to admit that voting for and supporting the Orange Criminal was a big mistake; to say nothing of the fact that theOrange disgrace possesses not the faintest inkling about what's right or wrong. He owns no conscience.

How desperate do you have to be to hide this from yourself in order not to need to recognize that the Orange Criminal deserves votes and support from NO ONE?If you vote for and support the Orange Fraud, who owns no conscience, what must that say about the state of your OWN soul, eh? Pretty dead? Anesthetized?

Old 11-08-2023, 03:13 AM

5,849 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitonmywhat View Post
Somewhere I read: "It's impossible to get a man to see something, when his livelihood depends upon him not seeing it."

...Or impossible to get a man to see plain facts that would require him to admit that voting for and supporting the Orange Criminal was a big mistake; to say nothing of the fact that theOrange disgrace possesses not the faintest inkling about what's right or wrong. He owns no conscience.

How desperate do you have to be to hide this from yourself in order not to need to recognize that the Orange Criminal deserves votes and support from NO ONE?If you vote for and support the Orange Fraud, who owns no conscience, what must that say about the state of your OWN soul, eh? Pretty dead? Anesthetized?
I’ll put it this way in hopes you understand.
I’d vote for Sponge Bob before I vote for your regular offerings like Biden/clinton/obama/bush or any other mass produced manure manufactured for public consumption on Tv.

That’s how much me and lots of others would like to see a change in theatre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City