Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 07:28 PM

1,471 posts, read 762,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
This is exactly why I say there's no such thing as the middle class

Nothing strikes more fear in the heart of someone making 150K than a homeless person

99% of us are all one medical procedure away from our life savings being wiped out

Government hasn't made a profit since 2001

But we're worried about people sleeping in tents

When I ask people if they want an ideal society with no crime and where everyone is doing well, why aren't people falling over themselves to say yes

Wow

The problem isn't even the government at this point when you look at it like that

Migrants my ass.
Individualism.

Unless someone is donating enough of their money and or time to effect their day to day life style your only worried about yourself possibly it seems. Because your putting yourself ahead of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2023, 07:30 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,331,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Individualism.
Ideal society.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-06-2023, 08:37 PM

If you only want to see yourself do well, don't complain when others aren't
This is how the game works

Imagine you leaving on foot and going to South America to start a new life
Lol

Old 11-07-2023, 04:07 AM

5,835 posts, read 2,958,554 times
Quote:
With that logic, you forfeit your right to complain about anything. I don't expect you to voice any displeasures going forward, because as an individual, you have the ability to change your own situation.
Well obviously. Any most grown up knows that. I am responsible for my life and no one else. Anything that’s wrong in my life is my fault and no one else’s. I expect nothing from anyone. Happiness in my life relies on me and me only.
Not sure what other way out there and I don’t care for it anyhow.

Old 11-07-2023, 04:52 AM

6,467 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
No one owes anyone anything. In this world you are on your own. Most grown ups know this. The sooner you know this, better you are.
I agree. From the time I was a small child, my parents instilled in me a "work ethic", telling me that in order to make it, in life, I'd have to be able to be self supporting.

Old 11-07-2023, 05:05 AM

5,835 posts, read 2,958,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree. From the time I was a small child, my parents instilled in me a "work ethic", telling me that in order to make it, in life, I'd have to be able to be self supporting.
The sooner kids know this the sooner they will know how to fix it.
If anything around you in life sucks, it is only your fault for not improving the situation. Move, learn, adapt, make more money, work out and thing will get better. If not do it all over again but twice harder or more.

Or be a bum and complain and ask for government help.

Old 11-07-2023, 07:51 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,229,484 times
Quote:
From your article:

"In the 1970s, before the legal right to shelter existed, many homeless New Yorkers (most of them men) died on the streets and suffered terrible injuries, according to the Coalition for the Homeless, a legal nonprofit that has advocated for unhoused people in the city for more than 40 years."
I didn't write the article nor claimed that I did

Old 11-07-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
I didn't write the article nor claimed that I did
In this instance, "your" is possessive because you brought the article to the forum to share with others. It's yours solely because of the reference, not because you wrote it. You brought it here, so it's yours in that sense. That's all I meant. Hopefully that clears things up. No malice intended.

Old 11-07-2023, 08:15 AM

2,627 posts, read 1,229,484 times
Quote:
In this instance, "your" is possessive because you brought the article to the forum to share with others. It's yours solely because of the reference, not because you wrote it. You brought it here, so it's yours in that sense. That's all I meant. Hopefully that clears things up. No malice intended.
I knew you didn't mean it maliciously.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:14 AM

6,467 posts, read 3,163,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
The sooner kids know this the sooner they will know how to fix it.
If anything around you in life sucks, it is only your fault for not improving the situation. Move, learn, adapt, make more money, work out and thing will get better. If not do it all over again but twice harder or more.

Or be a bum and complain and ask for government help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City