Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 03:43 PM

1,486 posts, read 988,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Meanwhile, in Boston, a controversy about people leaving their fancy baby strollers on sidewalks and chained to fences, posts,etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uOz8AXlhxJSaNe

Guess we don't have to worry about that in NYC because I don't think anyone in NYC would leave a pricey stroller chained/cabled on the sidewalk.
That would never fly in NYC. Besides that disgusting to leave a stroller outside then put a baby in in after. Think of the hygiene issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 04:52 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
That would never fly in NYC. Besides that disgusting to leave a stroller outside then put a baby in in after. Think of the hygiene issue
Bird poop

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-17-2019, 05:03 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,750,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Meanwhile, in Boston, a controversy about people leaving their fancy baby strollers on sidewalks and chained to fences, posts,etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uOz8AXlhxJSaNe

Guess we don't have to worry about that in NYC because I don't think anyone in NYC would leave a pricey stroller chained/cabled on the sidewalk.
It happens all the time down in TriBeCa near my office. In front of those $45k per year pre schools and the coffee shops. Tons of them. Double deckers, attached gloves, off road wheels and all. Some cost thousands.

Old 10-18-2019, 07:53 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,862,037 times
My building has an area for strollers and bikes, so no, I've never seen any in the hallway. An umbrella here or there after it rains but that's about it. Thankfully.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:06 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
I would buy a diaper and peanut butter and insert the entire peanut butter in the diaper bag. Smear a little bit on the sides and place it on the stroller seat.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:49 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoullessOne View Post
Giant bugs eek. Or a mouse hiding.
My building has a basement that can be used to store bikes , strollers etc. landlord should rent it out. But no hallways and lobby full of crap.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 210 times
I called 311 and reported that there were at least eleven baby carriages and carriers in the hallway lobby. The person taking the complaint was having difficulty finding a reference where that particular issue fit. It didn't fit Housing Preservation and Development. She finally tried the Department Of Buildings. And someone did show up two days later. This isn't the first time that this has happened. It happened none months ago. The carriages disappeared then shortly after they began to reappear. When I called 311 again because of another baby carriage The 311 dispatcher told me that carriages don't fall under the heading of obstacles and obstructions. If so why did they come? I saw the notice. So whose jurisdiction does it fall under the FDNY? There was also a bicycle inthe vestibule chained to the railing. I also reported that the alternate entrance that's reached by going to a back door near an alcove under the stairs and leads to the alley but the door is kept locked. So if the main entrance is blocked because of the objects what happens if there is fire even if the building has smoke detectors and sprinklers?

Old 11-13-2023, 12:26 PM

3,199 posts, read 1,665,647 times
Only people who are childless will complain this is a problem.

Old 11-14-2023, 07:35 PM

5,676 posts, read 2,608,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Only people who are childless will complain this is a problem.
Only those that never had to evacuate from a building wouldn't.
You wanna get injuried or die in a case of emergency, good on you but I know plenty of people who value their life and won't risk it for Momma Karen who chooses to leave her crap in the hallway.

Old 11-15-2023, 03:03 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times
Recently visited a friend. Multifamily.
Strollers parked in hallway adjacent to mailboxes.

On a personal note:
This has been going on for decades.

As poster Bugsy pointed. Normal.

When occupants of an entire building are in tune with each other ( communal ) anything goes.
When not, inspectors reign, red pens fly and summonses are served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: