Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,740,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Again, I don't condone violence, but we have to get additional details regarding what the couple did or said to provoke those teens.
Driving While White

Having a nice car

Looking like decent people

Asking the clowns to get out of the street that they should not have been on since they didn't have the light.

Additional details? Okay, they screaned "get those crackers" and "get that white *****".

Cops Say Brooklyn Teens Allegedly Beat Couple In Racial Attack: Gothamist

I promise you, absolutely promise you, that had that been me driving, once one of the thugs hit, punched, or kicked my car I would honked one more time. If they didn't move? I would have run my car right through them and left their thug assses on the street. I'm not going to stick around and let something happen to me or the person in the car with me. Once I was a safe distance away, I would have called 911 and returned once the cops were there.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:13 PM

530 posts, read 1,362,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proroc View Post
Brooklyn group of black youths blocks white couple's car, bloody victims in racial attack: cops - NY Daily News

I'm definitely seeing a pattern here. Imagine the coverage if the races were reversed.

Gosh, this thread proves that not only blacks largely have a victim mentality but also whites. However, the difference is that whites have no legitimate reason to have a victim mentality.

Yes, what happened is this case is awful and inexcusable but you should keep in mind that the narrative usually does go the other way. This is not my personal opinion but fact.

70% of Hate Crime Victims are black:
FBI: Hate Crimes Target Blacks In 70 Percent Of Race-Based Cases

#endthread

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 10-20-2013 at 05:25 PM..

Old 10-20-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I guess you dident get the memo ... only White people can be racist

Funny thing is there is probably more racism from minorities towards White people than from White people towards minorities. I have never EVER in my lifetime heard a White person call a Black person a n----r, boy, darkie, etc to their face but I regularly see Black people call and refer to White people as crackers, honkeys, "White person", etc in their presence.
Funny, I grew up in a very diverse school district/town next to yours and i've NEVER heard black people call white people racial slurs. And the town you are from is known to be very homogenous so there really aren't even any blacks to encounter racism from anyways; and it's highly unlikely that the ultra-tiny handul of blacks would dare say something to you when they were grossly outnumbered: that's common-sense. I mean, i'm not trying to put words in your mouth but unless you later moved to some ultra-hostile, low income and high racial tension location in another part of the country then I highly doubt your claim is valid.

However, as a black person at a large University upstate. Virtually every white male that I meet and get close with has an intense desire to say the n-word and they have called me that to "test me" (especially by "wiggers" who think that they can be racist and then hie behind their supposedly love for "blacks things").

Old 10-20-2013, 05:29 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,740,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
Gosh, this thread proves that not only blacks largely have a victim mentality but also whites. However, the difference is that whites have no legitimate reason to have a victim mentality.

Yes, what happened is this case is awful and inexcusable but you should keep in mind that the narrative usually does go the other way. This is not my personal opinion but fact.

70% of Hate Crime Victims are black:
FBI: Hate Crimes Target Blacks In 70 Percent Of Race-Based Cases

#endthread

No. Whites don't have a "victim mentality" ---- the thing is that only now are hate crimes against whites actually being labelled as hate crimes. In the past, law enforcement was afraid to do so for fear of an uproar because, as we all know, blacks and latinos can't possibly be racist.

What happened in this latest incident is absolutely a hate crime. I hope they catch each and every one of them and they all get the justice they deserve.

Since you're doing your research, why not research the percentage of crime against blacks/latinos BY other blacks/latinos. (and the article you're referencing is from 2009-2010. It's 2013, almost 2014; get some recent statistics)

Old 10-20-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
No. Whites don't have a "victim mentality" ---- the thing is that only now are hate crimes against whites actually being labelled as hate crimes. In the past, law enforcement was afraid to do so for fear of an uproar because, as we all know, blacks and latinos can't possibly be racist.

What happened in this latest incident is absolutely a hate crime. I hope they catch each and every one of them and they all get the justice they deserve.

Since you're doing your research, why not research the percentage of crime against blacks/latinos BY other blacks/latinos. (and the article you're referencing is from 2009-2010. It's 2013, almost 2014; get some recent statistics)

The article is from 2011 which is not even 2 years ago. There hasn't been any major sociological changes since then or an extended period of time between then so it's ridiculous to call those facts outdated.

And the thread is about hate crimes. I actually do acknowledge that there is a serious epidemic of [poor] minority-on-minority crime but this thread doesn't pertain to that.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,261,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I guess you dident get the memo ... only White people can be racist

Funny thing is there is probably more racism from minorities towards White people than from White people towards minorities. I have never EVER in my lifetime heard a White person call a Black person a n----r, boy, darkie, etc to their face but I regularly see Black people call and refer to White people as crackers, honkeys, "White person", etc in their presence.

It's apparently ok for a Black girl to sit in a courtroom and refer to a White person as a "creepy ass cracka" but imagine the outrage that would ensue if a White girl referred to a Black man as a "creepy ass ******"?
100% correct!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:15 PM

937 posts, read 1,136,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post

I promise you, absolutely promise you, that had that been me driving, once one of the thugs hit, punched, or kicked my car I would honked one more time. If they didn't move?

I would have run my car right through them and left their thug assses on the street. I'm not going to stick around and let something happen to me or the person in the car with me. Once I was a safe distance away, I would have called 911 and returned once the cops were there.
Your posting speaks volumes about your racist mindset.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:16 PM

937 posts, read 1,136,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Supernatural View Post
Marilyn let Citigirl defend her racist self
I am not racist, I have white friends.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:16 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,005,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
The problem with hate-crime stats is that whites are not counted in hate or racial attacks because whites "are not a protected group" under current hate crime laws.

Classification of crimes committed against Caucasians
Hate crime statistics published in 2002, gathered by the FBI under the auspices of the Hate Crime Statistics Act of 1990, documented over 7,000 hate crime incidents, in roughly one-fifth of which the victims were white people. However, these statistics have caused dispute. The FBI's hate crimes statistics for 1993, which similarly reported 20% of all hate crimes to be committed against white people, prompted Jill Tregor, executive director of Intergroup Clearinghouse, to decry it as "an abuse of what the hate crime laws were intended to cover", stating that the white victims of these crimes were employing hate crime laws as a means to further penalize minorities.

James B. Jacobs and Kimberly Potter note that white people, including those who may be sympathetic to the plight of those who are victims of hate crimes by white people, bristle at the notion that hate crimes against whites are somehow inferior to, and less worthy than, hate crimes against other groups. They observe that while, as stated by Altschiller, no hate crime law makes any such distinction, the proposition has been argued by "a number of writers in prominent publications", who have advocated the removal of hate crimes against whites from the category of hate crime, on the grounds that hate crime laws, in their view, are intended to be affirmative action for "protected groups". Jacobs and Potter firmly assert that such a move is "fraught with potential for social conflict and constitutional concerns."

Old 10-20-2013, 06:25 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,261,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Supernatural View Post
Marilyn let Citigirl defend her racist self
Both Marilyn and Citygirl are black!!!! They will do everything in their power to discredit this story and try to flip it like Citygirl tried earlier, using the excuse of being provoke.

I know a racist when I see and hear one and based not only on this thread but other numerous threads in the past, both Marilyn and Citygirl are racist towards white people.

And from my experience, black people tend to be more racist than whites. But in this stupid politically correct world we live in, black people like Marilyn and Citygirl can't be called racist because they're black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City