Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:08 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,397,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Missing from the story is what was done by the couple to provoke the attack. Perhaps they taunted the kids by using racial slurs. There's always two sides to a story.
Wow, just wow.

Seems like a week or two doesn't go by without seeing another one of these attacks somewhere. The casual anti-white bigotry among young blacks seems epidemic, as does the excuse making.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:12 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,742,148 times
You know, I wonder what would have happened if, when the cowardly thugs started beating on and kicking his car, he just started driving the car ---- if they didn't move their black/brown assses out of the way, then so be it.

Would he have been arrested? Or could it be written off that he was only protecting himself and his wife from a potentially deadly situation?

I would love someone with TRUE law enforcement experience to chime in on this, not the Sunday afternoon PD wannabes.

Thank you.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:30 PM

916 posts, read 2,249,674 times
This is another case of where a high quality dash cam would come in handy, nobody can make up stories
to defame the other party with a video of what happen in the incident. The driver will be able to prove his
claims that he got the green light, he was being attacked for getting out of his car to check the damage
done by the teens, and getting called racist names etc.....

Right now, without a video or other witness, those teens can also claim Mr.Russo was the racist one and
call them names. The SUV driver was very lucky because of the video, or things could be a lot worse for
his family. Everyone, go buy your dash cam now!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:34 PM

937 posts, read 1,136,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
This is another case of where a high quality dash cam would come in handy, nobody can make up stories
to defame the other party with a video of what happen in the incident. The driver will be able to prove his
claims that he got the green light, he was being attacked for getting out of his car to check the damage
done by the teens, and getting called racist names etc.....

Right now, without a video or other witness, those teens can also claim Mr.Russo was the racist one and
call them names. The SUV driver was very lucky because of the video, or things could be a lot worse for
his family. Everyone, go buy your dash cam now!
Unfortunately, there was no camera present, so we don't truly know what happened. I do however know that most teens are not simply going to attack you out of the blue.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:35 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,006,185 times
Liberal logic- Only white people are racist.
Welcome to Obama's post-racial America where it's open season on white people. We're "moving forward"!
No hate crime charges will be brought against these violent thugs, guaranteed.

Quote:
Again, I don't condone violence, but we have to get additional details regarding what the couple did or said to provoke those teens.
They were white. That's all the provocation they needed.

Last edited by renault; 10-20-2013 at 01:46 PM..

Old 10-20-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Wow, just wow.

Seems like a week or two doesn't go by without seeing another one of these attacks somewhere. The casual anti-white bigotry among young blacks seems epidemic, as does the excuse making.
Again, I don't condone violence, but we have to get additional details regarding what the couple did or said to provoke those teens.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberal logic- Only white people are racist.
No hate crime charges will be brought against these violent thugs, guaranteed.
Only one side of the story was reported. Of course the Russo's will act as though they were model citizens just getting into their car, minding their own business, but something tells me that there is more to the story. I'm not buying their version. I'm sure the teens have a completely different version and somewhere between both of their stories is the truth.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM

111 posts, read 145,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
It's the same mob mentality for this group of teens as the bikers who attacked the SUV. They are usually
emboldened in large groups and looking for trouble and taunting people they don't like if you just walked
pass them. Mr.Russo should've stay in his car and lock his car doors, why give them a chance to beat you
up by getting out of your car? You can't reason with thugs. These types of incident happen a lot more in
the 90s-00s with woflpacks of teens roaming the streets and the subway system creating havoc day and
night. I hope the city won't turn back to that time again.
This sort of hood rat mentality is absolutely related to the mindset of the biker incident. You see it exibited in the streets, in the subway/busses and on the roads.
In trying to get into their heads...I am guessing that they have nothing to look forward to in life so why not have some fun annoying people who are hard working and law abiding.
Any more thoughts?

Old 10-20-2013, 01:51 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,172,221 times
Quote:
Only one side of the story was reported. Of course the Russo's will act as though they were model citizens just getting into their car, minding their own business, but something tells me that there is more to the story. I'm not buying their version. I'm sure the teens have a completely different version and somewhere between both of their stories is the truth.
Last year I was recovering from a sprained ankle and I walked very slowly. My appearance was of a healthy person, but I couldn't walk fast. As a pedestrian, I had the light and crossed at an intersection where a car wanted to make a turn while I was crossing. To him I'm sure it looked like I was deliberately walking slowly to prevent him from making the turn.

He called me a white b&ch. I went up to his car, reached inside the window, pulled him out and beat him to a bloody pulp. He needed 47 stitches on his skull and a cast on his arm.

When I went before the judge, all charges against me were dropped because the judge could see that it wasn't my fault. After all, I was "provoked" into attacking that guy when he called me a bad name.

True story.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Supernatural View Post
This sort of hood rat mentality is absolutely related to the mindset of the biker incident. You see it exibited in the streets, in the subway/busses and on the roads.
In trying to get into their heads...I am guessing that they have nothing to look forward to in life so why not have some fun annoying people who are hard working and law abiding.
Any more thoughts?
And your statement is part of the problem. You are making blanket assumptions about the teens in question, without knowing the full story. Why is it that such assumptions are never made about white teens who act unruly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City