Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:57 PM

937 posts, read 1,136,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Last year I was recovering from a sprained ankle and I walked very slowly. My appearance was of a healthy person, but I couldn't walk fast. As a pedestrian, I had the light and crossed at an intersection where a car wanted to make a turn while I was crossing. To him I'm sure it looked like I was deliberately walking slowly to prevent him from making the turn.

He called me a white b&ch. I went up to his car, reached inside the window, pulled him out and beat him to a bloody pulp. He needed 47 stitches on his skull and a cast on his arm.

When I went before the judge, all charges against me were dropped because the judge could see that it wasn't my fault. After all, I was "provoked" into attacking that guy when he called me a bad name.

True story.
Again, I don't condone violence, but I simply disagree with the NY Daily News pretending that the couple was completely innocent.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:59 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,156,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Again, I don't condone violence, but I simply disagree with the NY Daily News pretending that the couple was completely innocent.
Ah, I see. You were there and heard and saw everything. That must be how you know that the news was "pretending" the couple was "innocent." Well, please do the honorable thing and call the police and let them know you were an eyewitness.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:00 PM

111 posts, read 145,028 times
Quote:
And your statement is part of the problem. You are making blanket assumptions about the teens in question, without knowing the full story. Why is it that such assumptions are never made about white teens who act unruly?
Did you read my post? I made no mention of race whatsoever. You are the one who brought up race...who is the racist now?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Supernatural View Post
This sort of hood rat mentality is absolutely related to the mindset of the biker incident. You see it exibited in the streets, in the subway/busses and on the roads.
In trying to get into their heads...I am guessing that they have nothing to look forward to in life so why not have some fun annoying people who are hard working and law abiding.
Any more thoughts?
Here it is again in case you are confused.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,248,506 times
Quote:
Only one side of the story was reported. Of course the Russo's will act as though they were model citizens just getting into their car, minding their own business, but something tells me that there is more to the story. I'm not buying their version. I'm sure the teens have a completely different version and somewhere between both of their stories is the truth.
He's another story from back in the day, young rowdy kids causing trouble. Oh but wait I'm sure it was the young mans fault who died!

Utah tourist murdered on subway spurred NYC to get tough on street crime - NY Daily News

Old 10-20-2013, 02:07 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,156,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
He's another story from back in the day, young rowdy kids causing trouble. Oh but wait I'm sure it was the young mans fault who died!

Utah tourist murdered on subway spurred NYC to get tough on street crime - NY Daily News
I remember that story. The Utah kid "provoked" his killers into killing him by coming to the defense of his mom, whom they were already slashing and mugging. Two sides to every story. If he hadn't "provoked" them, he'd still be alive today.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:28 PM

[quote=CityGirl332;31885765]Only one side of the story was reported. Of course the Russo's will act as though they were model citizens just getting into their car, minding their own business, but something tells me that there is more to the story. I'm not buying their version. I'm sure the teens have a completely different version and somewhere between both of their stories is the truth.[/QUOTE

You are something else! First you make this statement;

"You are making blanket assumptions about the teens in question, without knowing the full story".

Then comes this one;

"but something tells me that there is more to the story. I'm not buying their version".

Old 10-20-2013, 02:35 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,845,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Last year I was recovering from a sprained ankle and I walked very slowly. My appearance was of a healthy person, but I couldn't walk fast. As a pedestrian, I had the light and crossed at an intersection where a car wanted to make a turn while I was crossing. To him I'm sure it looked like I was deliberately walking slowly to prevent him from making the turn.

He called me a white b&ch. I went up to his car, reached inside the window, pulled him out and beat him to a bloody pulp. He needed 47 stitches on his skull and a cast on his arm.

When I went before the judge, all charges against me were dropped because the judge could see that it wasn't my fault. After all, I was "provoked" into attacking that guy when he called me a bad name.

True story.
If this story is true then your behaviour was insanely wild. And if that black man didn't resist you at all
as I suppose to then it looks even more disgusting.
Was the judge white?

Old 10-20-2013, 02:47 PM

576 posts, read 1,548,489 times
I see how kids act in general when in groups whether black, white, latino or whatever. They can act like animals. I mean realistically do you think these adults stopped and provoked a group of kids? Really? Im sure it went like this kids crossing against the light.. the guy honks horn. Maybe says something. The kids are like funk this guy and they may kick his car or whatever. There are a lot of possibilities but none justify the kids beating the guy and his wife up. Honestly I see it all the time people act like the worlds going to end because someone stepped on there shoes or some other insignificant nonsense. Its not that serious and people do not get it. The guy did'nt have to honk or possibly have said something (he has the right to). The kids should'nt have kicked the guys car and jumped him.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:48 PM

10,224 posts, read 19,242,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Supernatural View Post
This sort of hood rat mentality is absolutely related to the mindset of the biker incident. You see it exibited in the streets, in the subway/busses and on the roads.
In trying to get into their heads...I am guessing that they have nothing to look forward to in life so why not have some fun annoying people who are hard working and law abiding.
Any more thoughts?
Refuge in audacity. They know that no normal person or group of normal people would beat someone down for no reason or for some trivial reason, so they do it and then when the victims say there was no reason for it, people don't believe them. Also see "just world fallacy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City