Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,621,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Wait.
I cannot believe that people actually fail this test.
What questions are they asking that you cannot answer?
Do they still ask about the 50' before you turn to turn on your directional?
Do they still ask girls from Northern Jersey how to hold up a can of Aqua Net and not get it all over the dashboard?
Do they still want to know where to put the empty McDonalds wrappers while you are driving and have special sauce dripping down your chin and your spouse calls your cell while you are flipping the bird at the guy in the Chevy truck behind you with the NASCAR bumper sticker???
Geez...
There's alot of fine amount questions which who the hell knows what they are until you get a ticket ; ))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 05:43 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,101,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I dont want to berate anyone here who has failed the written test but IMO, if you cannot learn the rules of the road enough to pass the first try then I really dont want you driving next to me. I'm sorry if this offends some of you but it is just WAAAAAY to easy to get a drivers license in this country. Someone who fails the test more then once is not stupid, they are lazy or uncaring to really study and LEARN the rules. If its that hard for you maybe you dont deserve to drive.

I would love to see a similar system to the one they have in England. If you are a new driver you do not get a license right away. You get something like a learners permit for 2 years. You MUST keep some sort of sign on your vehicle (I think its a big L) letting everyone else on the road know your still on your learners permit. If you have any accidents or tickets in those 2 years you lose your license and you have to start all over again.

I think this is a brilliant idea and will GREATLY reduce the number of idiots on the road.
That is a very good point. I understand where you are coming from especially since the first time I took my test I really did not study much but not all people who fail the first time are bad drivers. I can agree that many are but not all.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 PM

393 posts, read 1,087,275 times
Default Recollections of: NJ Driver's test

Passed the written, first attempt.
However, had Porky-Pig looking NJ State Trooper along for the driver's test.
Car, Ford Granada, late 70's no A/C, Porky shined up my dashboard.
Test taken, off of Frelinghuysen Avenue, Newark, on a cobblestone street, (near the Path train overpass) that shook my kidneys loose.
He said, in the deepest voice I've ever heard from a human, "You need to practice parallel parking" . I did any finally passed, and guess what, haven't parallel parked for years, unless we travel into the city.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:07 AM

1 posts, read 10,303 times
to the morons who like to say "if you cannot pass it the first time, you should be on a bus"

Right.

when the outdated 90's computers with green screen and 12 inch computer screens are sitting there. And you've already passed the test before, the screen pops up with 6 questions about GDL. When the entire DMV manual has only the phrase "GDL" mentioned twice in the entire book. They forget to mention there is an "additional sheet of information" about the GDL.

After i failed my test during the last 3 questions. Each failed answer pertaining to the "GDL" license. I decided to look up in the book, and could find only 1 paragraph describing the GDL. None of the answered regarding the GDL license was there.

I will show an examples;

Studded tires on New Jersey?

November 1st to April 15th
December 15th to March 15th
November 15th to April 1st
December 1st to March 1st

(that was EXACT question, answers were mixed differently)

First off, when i first encountered this question. I was like WTF? The wording is retarded, it lacks any basic common sense. But of course I get it wrong, because when i first was asked this question i had no f-ing clue what it was asking.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,166,049 times
spam much?

Old 09-08-2008, 04:01 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
Wait.
I cannot believe that people actually fail this test.
What questions are they asking that you cannot answer?
Do they still ask about the 50' before you turn to turn on your directional?
Do they still ask girls from Northern Jersey how to hold up a can of Aqua Net and not get it all over the dashboard?
Do they still want to know where to put the empty McDonalds wrappers while you are driving and have special sauce dripping down your chin and your spouse calls your cell while you are flipping the bird at the guy in the Chevy truck behind you with the NASCAR bumper sticker???
Geez...
Youse guys in Joisey really HAVE driver's licenses??? The political hacks that designed those dang jug handles and angled telephone poles so that they scrape the tops of truck trailers oughta be reincarnated as truck drivers... And that guy, Louie, at the body shop in Passaic... Well, he needs to give better directions (and leave his hands in his pockets when he talks) Took me FOREVER to find the old Curtiss Wright factory after he gave me directions!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 AM

Sorry - my last post was in response to a spammer who posted like 7 times on this thread.

I actually do have a legit question, though. Those who have relocated from NY to NJ - did you have to retake the NJ driving test?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 AM

87 posts, read 388,534 times
If you have a valid driver license you just go to the dmv with the 6 point varification(see on the website of what you need to bring) and they just exchange it. You don't even need to take the vision test anymore.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:18 AM

That's awesome news. Thanks

Old 12-30-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaomegatechsolutions View Post
no now you have to take the vision and written test even though u have other country license

Other -country- or other -state-? i'm just moving from NY to NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey