Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,931,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carat98 View Post
I used to go there all the time!

When my sister moved to KY, my dad had them make a few pies and par cook them. He froze them and brought them out to my sister. Her friends out there could not believe how good a "real" pizza was. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 AM

142 posts, read 537,585 times
Default Best eating places

For Steaks:
Arthurs' in Morristown
Ruth's Chris in Parsippany
(Both specialize in aged beef)

For Hamburgers:
The Jackson Hole in Englewood
(very high quality beef, many varieties of toppings)

Portugese/Spanish:
Iberias - Ferry Street, Newark

Japanese:
Mt. Fuji in West Orange

Ice Cream:
Cliffs - Route 46 in Ledgewood
(real whipped cream) No shortcuts,
High fat content which is key.

Chinese Szechuan:
Chengdu 46 - Route 46 in Clifton

Hot Dogs:
Ruts Hut - Clifton
Beer served - Deep fried dogs

Old 04-11-2007, 11:09 AM

32 posts, read 126,950 times
I will definitely second Country Pancake House in Ridgewood....will soooo miss it when we move.....go with an enormous appetite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
Robongi (Japanese) Hoboken
Baja (Mexican) Hoboken
Latour (Italian) Ridgewood
Country House Pancakes Ridgewood - best pancakes EVER!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:31 AM

279 posts, read 1,348,764 times
river palm terrace in edgewater
jose tejas in woodbridge

Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,817 times
Indian - Khaluri Korner in Princeton
Chinese and Dim Sum - Sunny Palace in East Brunswick
Cajun - Old Bay and Delta in New Brunswick
Italian - Buco in Bloomfield
Spanish - Mi Bandera in Union City (they have an open bbq in the middle of the restaurant)
Ethiopian - Makeda in New Brunswick
Thai - Mie Tai in North Brunswick

Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,312,829 times
I used to be a concierge in a northern NJ hotel assisting business clientele over 10 years ago - this thread caught my eye, so I will respond on memory, I haven't been back in about that long...

Nanni's in Paramus provided fabulous Italian fare.
Chez Madeliene in Bergenfield offered 'blackboard' specials on a daily basis.
Arthur's Landing in Weehawken was tremendous for the views and the food - Italian again, I think.
There was a place in Secaucus I believe called Steve's Steakhouse - it served a monster steak and was an incredibly clean establishment.
Additionally there was a stainless steel diner frequented by truckers in the middle of Route 17 in Hasbrouk Heights - there was plenty good food at a great price there.
Also in Secaucus was Khiva on the Barge, it did Mongolian but apparently not so well, as it is no longer there.
There was a Chinese place on the border of Maywood and Hackensack on Route 17 South that served as near original Chinese as was available.
I believe there was a Pier 17 in Paramus that served very fresh Seafood.
There was an Indian place on Route 4 in Paramus that served excellent fare.
While it was just over the border in Suffern NY, Mt Fuji provided a wonderful environment to enjoy Japanese.

Thanks for the memories

Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 AM

70 posts, read 242,824 times
Why no south jersey love?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,638,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howellnj View Post
Mc Loones Riverside Seabright
El'Mason Freehold
LaPiazza Freehold
Basille's Freehold
El Mason is great (love the black bean soup, and clam apetizer) Juanitos in Red Bank is very good also (don't care for the one in Howell, it seems a bit different). LaPiazza is great (if you can get a reservation). There is also a small Mexican place off Throckmorton in Freehold Boro in the 6-12 strip mall. It's not the nicest place in the world and there is no ambiance but it is "authentic Mexican fare". We are fortunate that there are tons of great places to eat in the Monmouth / Ocean county area

Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,638,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Luchento's in Millstone
Ria Mar in South River
I'll second McCloone's too
Arthur's Tavern in North Brunswick-the best hamburgers and onion soup!!!
Brother's Pizza in East Brunswick
Luchento's......Steak Luizza, Stuffed Pork Chops, St. Peter's Genovese and the St. Peter's Rouler are my favorites. We ate there about a month ago (the prices went up a bit, but I think it's worth it since you usually take home half your meal). All I can say about Ria Mar is when do you want to go? I will eat anything and everthing they have to offer. My favorite is Picadinho Misto or Escalopes Recheados as an appetizer, the Paelha Valenciana, Filete De Pargo Grelhado or Lombinhos De Vitela A Portuguesa as a main dish and a lemon sorbet for desert. I have probably eaten in over thirty Portugese, Spanish or Brazilian restaurants in New Jersey and would rate Ria Mar among the tops (I don't care if it's loud or crowded, I go there on a food mission). Just like Luchento's you always bring food home. If you haven't tried Ria Mar you don't know what your missing!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:26 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,931,470 times
Default Ria Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
Luchento's......Steak Luizza, Stuffed Pork Chops, St. Peter's Genovese and the St. Peter's Rouler are my favorites. We ate there about a month ago (the prices went up a bit, but I think it's worth it since you usually take home half your meal). All I can say about Ria Mar is when do you want to go? I will eat anything and everthing they have to offer. My favorite is Picadinho Misto or Escalopes Recheados as an appetizer, the Paelha Valenciana, Filete De Pargo Grelhado or Lombinhos De Vitela A Portuguesa as a main dish and a lemon sorbet for desert. I have probably eaten in over thirty Portugese, Spanish or Brazilian restaurants in New Jersey and would rate Ria Mar among the tops (I don't care if it's loud or crowded, I go there on a food mission). Just like Luchento's you always bring food home. If you haven't tried Ria Mar you don't know what your missing!
Girls from work are planning an outing soon. It's well within walking distance of my home...bring on the Sangria!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey