Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:33 AM

88,673 posts, read 84,974,162 times

Advertisements

^All-electronic tolling is coming this way, too. Be prepared. It will still be a few years because the studies are being done on how best to implement it, but it's not an "if", it's a "when".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,067 times
I drove to an EZ pass lane by mistake. I pulled to the right side and went to speak the toll employee. I explained that i mistakenly went to the EZ pass lane, i would like to pay toll and showed him my ticket. The toll employee told me there is nothing he can do. They are going to sent me a letter. What can i do? can i get a phone number?

Old 03-14-2014, 02:13 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,989,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymytreem View Post
I drove to an EZ pass lane by mistake. I pulled to the right side and went to speak the toll employee. I explained that i mistakenly went to the EZ pass lane, i would like to pay toll and showed him my ticket. The toll employee told me there is nothing he can do. They are going to sent me a letter. What can i do? can i get a phone number?
Unfortunately, you are stuck waiting until you get the ticket in the mail. If you have EZ pass (or someone who would say they were traveling with you with an account), you could end up paying just the toll, otherwise you'll get hit with the hefty admin fee.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:25 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymytreem View Post
get ready for the swat team to break through your door in the middle of the night and take you away. if you have a dog, id recommend you let him stay with someone else for a while because they always shoot your dog when they bust in.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:16 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,606,225 times
Whomever is the registered owner of the car will get a violation notice in a few weeks with maybe a picture of your car or not. They will want the toll plus $25 or $50 more If you or a relative, friend, co worker etc have an Ezpass account they can add your car and plate # to it and process the violation. Then you will only pay the toll with no additional fee.

That's basically the only way.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,762 times
Lightbulb Ideas Needed for Another Offender

Sorry I don't have words of wisdom for those in trouble. Instead, I'd like to be added to the club! Not being a frequent driver of the Tpke or Pkwy, nor have I ever heard of or been aware the "Open Road Easy Pass Toll Collection System" even existed, my friend informed me I had passed through an Easy Pass Toll without the benefit of having an Easy Pass.
Yes, I did notice a few toll booths on the right (thinking they were for an exit). However, since I did not see an abundance of Easy Pass Only Lanes, how was I supposed to know they had been replaced by mile high wires and cameras?
With the exception of missing last year due an exacerbation of Multiple Sclerosis, we were on our way to our 14th Annual "Run away from home for 3 days in AC". So needless to say, I was keeping up with the flow of traffic (75 mph?) and on a mission.
QUESTION: What do I do now? Wait for a ticket? Could it include a fine for speeding as well? Will this put points against my Drivers License?
My driving is limited to Doctors appointments and minimal shopping, most are within 15 - 20 minutes of my home. Having said that, I am going to get an Easy Pass just to avoid the stress this is / has caused me. I don't want to deal with this again.
If anyone has any ideas on how to expedite and end this, I am open to suggestions. I will keep you informed as this progresses and if any of your ideas helped.
Thanks for letting me vent! OhKathy

Old 08-22-2014, 08:50 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,989,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhKathy View Post
Sorry I don't have words of wisdom for those in trouble. Instead, I'd like to be added to the club! Not being a frequent driver of the Tpke or Pkwy, nor have I ever heard of or been aware the "Open Road Easy Pass Toll Collection System" even existed, my friend informed me I had passed through an Easy Pass Toll without the benefit of having an Easy Pass.
Yes, I did notice a few toll booths on the right (thinking they were for an exit). However, since I did not see an abundance of Easy Pass Only Lanes, how was I supposed to know they had been replaced by mile high wires and cameras?
With the exception of missing last year due an exacerbation of Multiple Sclerosis, we were on our way to our 14th Annual "Run away from home for 3 days in AC". So needless to say, I was keeping up with the flow of traffic (75 mph?) and on a mission.
QUESTION: What do I do now? Wait for a ticket? Could it include a fine for speeding as well? Will this put points against my Drivers License?
My driving is limited to Doctors appointments and minimal shopping, most are within 15 - 20 minutes of my home. Having said that, I am going to get an Easy Pass just to avoid the stress this is / has caused me. I don't want to deal with this again.
If anyone has any ideas on how to expedite and end this, I am open to suggestions. I will keep you informed as this progresses and if any of your ideas helped.
Thanks for letting me vent! OhKathy
You wait for the violation to be mailed to you. If you call, they can't do anything and just defer to the system. You won't get a speeding ticket. No points involved.

It happens. and you're right, either get an e-z pass, or watch the signage (if you drive that route again and really look, I get you'll see lots of signs giving you warning). No worries.

Old 08-22-2014, 11:23 PM

5,773 posts, read 16,606,225 times
Also as I mentioned above if you know someone like a relative or friend who has an account they can add your car to their account temporarily just so that way you can only pay the tolls you missed instead of the extra $50 admin fee they call it.
That's about the only way to get around paying the fee. Even if you get yourself a new account now they wont let you back date it to process the tolls you already went through.

There's no point and no speed tickets possible, we would have a revolution in NJ if they tried that, luckily. But be prepared to fork over an extra $50 for each toll you blew through unless you can tie yourself to an account somewhere to process this.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:33 AM

4,170 posts, read 4,184,914 times
You don't even need to add to their acct. Just call in and provide them with the acct number and they will remove the fee and charge it to the acct.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:44 AM

807 posts, read 1,034,923 times
Was leaving Middletown last week, came to the toll wanting 50 cents to get on the parkway. I had no change, do not have ezpass, and there was no cash lanes! I just went through. They can't expect me to pay if they don't offer a cash lane, can they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey