Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:36 AM

19 posts, read 135,112 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I live in Roselle Park and we feel our town is a very nice place to live.
The Raritan Line runs through and many people who live here commute to NY.
Living Expenses are middle of the road if you compare it to other towns in NJ. You can pay less but you may feel less secure in your neighborhood.
There are many major highways that are only a 10 minute drive away.
The local services, government and facilities are abundant. It is small but not too small. Check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 08:26 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,464,256 times
I like all these positive posts about different area's in Jersey
It sure beats all the negative ones i was reading when i first joined cd

I guess there are a lot of us that actually like living in Jersey

Old 06-07-2007, 08:32 AM

1 posts, read 13,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellatleast View Post
Hi,

I live in Roselle Park and we feel our town is a very nice place to live.
The Raritan Line runs through and many people who live here commute to NY.
Living Expenses are middle of the road if you compare it to other towns in NJ. You can pay less but you may feel less secure in your neighborhood.
There are many major highways that are only a 10 minute drive away.
The local services, government and facilities are abundant. It is small but not too small. Check it out.

I used to live in Roselle Park and also recommend it. I currently live in Little Ferry which is a short bus ride to NYC (in no traffic - alas). Very convient access to shopping and good schools.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:10 PM

3 posts, read 22,242 times
Default Lyndhurst NJ

My husband and I currently live in Lyndhurst, NJ. My husband commutes to NY for work. He takes the bus and it usually takes between 20-30 minutes to get into NY. You can also take the train (NJ transit) into Hoboken and from there take the train into NY. We are close several major highways, shopping centers and Lyndhurst has great schools. We are selling our 3 bedroom home because we are relocating to NC if you are interested contanct me

Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 13,539 times
Default Is south broad street in elizabeth nj a safe area? open to all comments?

Is south broad street in elizabeth nj a safe area? open to all comments?
looking for grammar school recommendations also in the area? I will be commuting to NYC.

Old 06-16-2007, 03:55 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,208,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi623 View Post
looking for grammar school recommendations also in the area? I will be commuting to NYC.
elizabeth is a poor choice, especially if you have a kid that needs to use the public schools. you can do better in towns that are nearby

Old 06-17-2007, 10:23 PM

562 posts, read 2,616,519 times
South Broad st is an ok area.. not the best in Elizabeth but I would consider it safe.. there are many new grammar schools, I would recommend Albert Einsten Academy.. my neice goes there.. it's a very good school, they have summer school and after school activities.. they also have free transportation..

where about in South Broad Street are you looking at? the new condos are beautiful in that area..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi623 View Post

Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 12,770 times
I try to get my information from NJ Commute.

Old 11-06-2008, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 12,383 times
Default Hello Commuters!

If you are considering a New Jersey - NYC commute you might also consider an Eastern Pennsylvania to NYC commute. Yes, it might take 90 to 100 minutes, but prices are WAYYYY cheaper and there are hundreds of buses and tens of thousands of other commuters you can hook up with to make it easy.

The Poconos has a quiet quaint lifestyle yet is commercial enough to have great restaurants, lots of shopping and is convenient to the city.

Mr Pocono - Hey, I moved here and like it.

Last edited by Viralmd; 11-06-2008 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: No advertising

Old 06-05-2010, 12:01 AM

1 posts, read 10,668 times
Default Hi

Hi Evelyn,

I got job in NYC and heard that its gonna be expensive if i choose to live there.
So , took a few advice and came to know that mosr people who work in NYC live in NJ and take the public transportation. I have always lived in tier 2 cities like Denver and MN and loved thm a lot. Could you please help me in findin a suitable location to live which ll give me the same feeling of a sub urban life and still make my commute easier. ?

Auro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie360 View Post
Hi

I have been doing it for over 15 years. It is doable and can be enjoyable. My commute is 30 -45 minutes and the cost is very reasonable to. I pay $99.00 for my monthly pass.

If you interested I can help you find a great location. MOD CUT
Thank you - Evelyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey