Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 07:17 AM

6,203 posts, read 3,548,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I never thought of our politicians to be reliable as a self policing group. YMMV.
I think they try for his kind of infractions. They can threaten him with senate sanctions. I don't mean the groups that just go rogue against party lines. But maybe that's wishful thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 07:58 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Well, no matter how it turns out, it is clear that the only really big winner will be the broadcast media.
The constant barrage of attack ads--from both sides of the Senate race, as well as for several House contests--spells out a revenue bonanza for TV and radio stations.
No kidding! This is the worst I’ve ever seen it. I’m disappointed because some of these candidates (I’m talking about across all races this cycle) could have great ideas or stand for things that matter to me. But all their ads do is sling mud. I’ve learned nothing about what they plan to do in office, unless they plan to sling mud in office too. The exception is the helicopter lady from Morris Co. Between jabs at her opponent she did say she’d fight to bring back SALT deductions. So that’s one policy position articulated.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:03 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
If trump was not in power, Hugin would take it.

Still waiting for that beautiful infrastructure...
Plenty of trump supporters in NJ.

think that in less than two years, under unprecedented attack from the media propaganda arm of the democrat party, the democrat party as it exists today and never trumpers, the infrastructure which has taken decades to deteriorate, will be magically repaired??????????????

Want to buy a bridge?

why not imagine what might have been in less than two years if Trump had some support!!!!!!

any politician, other than Trump, would be curled up in a corner drooling under that prejudiced, biased and unethical unrelenting attack. Apparently Trump is a super hero. Obama was a hologram.

Where is the outrage for official estimates of infrastructure projects by elected politicians, including NJ's best, who cosmically underestimate the cost and time to deliver any infrastructure project and still keep their job and probably get a raise!

Trump has demonstrated when he gets involved the taxpayer save tons of cash. Too bad the media doesn't mention all the savings gained thru good management that Trump has delivered.

Just look at what Hillary spent in 2016 election vs the pittance Trump spent.

Odd how a few Russian posters could somehow trump the massive outpouring of for and against political commentary and swing the election to trump. How many CDers changed their vote based on my comments? ZERO. How many from Russian paid posters? ZERO.

NJ enjoys being last on lists of best places and first on lists of worst places. NJ loves to hand over taxpayer dollars to a wasteful government, all the way from muni to federal coffers. 18% of voters can't be wrong. 18% of voters who elected murphy did so for the convenience of the majority of NJ residents. 18% of the 35% of registered voters showed up to represent the entirety of NJ residents. The 18% speaks for You!

NJ loves to self flagellate, therefore the few voters who do turn out will re-elect menendez, the poster child for his trial lawyer support system. Odd how menedez had major issues with the law after he opposed Obama's Cuban policy. The court decision in MD came at a perfect time to set a new legal precedent that kept RM out of prison. 'Show me the man and I'll show you the crime', democrat policy of the last administration is not one we need to continue. they eat their own when a member steps out of line.

RM said the appointment of eric holder would restore the faith in the DOJ that was lost under GWB. How did that work out as a demonstration of RM's judgment and foresight. Holder along with Obama's knowledge falsified a warrant and judge shopped to spy on journalists. That should send a chill up your spine. So much for the faux outrage by the hate and fear mongering democrat party of the coming of fascism attributed to Trump.

That unethical behavior is systemic in the party of Menendez. Holder worked with bill Clinton to free the FALN terrorists who killed people. Recent bomb threats generated horror in the hearts of our country, the democrats are pointing fingers, ignoring the people killed by the PR terrorists, ayres and dorhn, Obama's pals.

RM will be re-elected. Hope to be wrong in that prediction.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:16 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
NJ has been dem senate controlled way to long.

Proof....we're always on the bottom of the states getting fed money back. It's time for a change.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:19 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
This morning at work, there was a Sunday Star Ledger sitting in the lounge.

I used to be a subscriber, but this paper ceased to report the news, and became nothing more than a propaganda paper for the DNC, so I finally stopped reading it. I’m glad I did, because when I picked up the paper this morning in the lounge and started reading it, it was even worse than I remembered it. One page after the next, it was like every single talking point of the Democratic Party was covered exactly the way you would expect it to be covered on MSNBC.

It was like I wasn’t reading a real newspaper. It was like a caricature of a newspaper. A grotesque copy of something slightly resembling a newspaper.

But anyway, the paper endorsed Menendez. In the opening paragraph of their endorsement, they basically said that Menendez is a crook who takes bribes in exchange for governmental favors. They even said they find it amazing that he is not in jail right now. Yet, they still endorse him.

This is NJ. Menendez will win.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:26 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Menendez is a horrible person in general, someone that any person in NJ would never want to associate with in a daily life. Why do people in NJ vote for them? We will never know but the Dems spend all their money in Essex and Camden counties on lies and the welfare vote.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:39 AM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This morning at work, there was a Sunday Star Ledger sitting in the lounge.

I used to be a subscriber, but this paper ceased to report the news, and became nothing more than a propaganda paper for the DNC, so I finally stopped reading it. I’m glad I did, because when I picked up the paper this morning in the lounge and started reading it, it was even worse than I remembered it. One page after the next, it was like every single talking point of the Democratic Party was covered exactly the way you would expect it to be covered on MSNBC.

It was like I wasn’t reading a real newspaper. It was like a caricature of a newspaper. A grotesque copy of something slightly resembling a newspaper.

But anyway, the paper endorsed Menendez. In the opening paragraph of their endorsement, they basically said that Menendez is a crook who takes bribes in exchange for governmental favors. They even said they find it amazing that he is not in jail right now. Yet, they still endorse him.

This is NJ. Menendez will win.
It did also fail to mention that he paid to have sex with 15 year old girls also.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:43 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Plenty of trump supporters in NJ.

think that in less than two years, under unprecedented attack from the media propaganda arm of the democrat party, the democrat party as it exists today and never trumpers, the infrastructure which has taken decades to deteriorate, will be magically repaired??????????????

Want to buy a bridge?

why not imagine what might have been in less than two years if Trump had some support!!!!!!

any politician, other than Trump, would be curled up in a corner drooling under that prejudiced, biased and unethical unrelenting attack. Apparently Trump is a super hero. Obama was a hologram.

Where is the outrage for official estimates of infrastructure projects by elected politicians, including NJ's best, who cosmically underestimate the cost and time to deliver any infrastructure project and still keep their job and probably get a raise!

Trump has demonstrated when he gets involved the taxpayer save tons of cash. Too bad the media doesn't mention all the savings gained thru good management that Trump has delivered.

Just look at what Hillary spent in 2016 election vs the pittance Trump spent.

Odd how a few Russian posters could somehow trump the massive outpouring of for and against political commentary and swing the election to trump. How many CDers changed their vote based on my comments? ZERO. How many from Russian paid posters? ZERO.

NJ enjoys being last on lists of best places and first on lists of worst places. NJ loves to hand over taxpayer dollars to a wasteful government, all the way from muni to federal coffers. 18% of voters can't be wrong. 18% of voters who elected murphy did so for the convenience of the majority of NJ residents. 18% of the 35% of registered voters showed up to represent the entirety of NJ residents. The 18% speaks for You!

NJ loves to self flagellate, therefore the few voters who do turn out will re-elect menendez, the poster child for his trial lawyer support system. Odd how menedez had major issues with the law after he opposed Obama's Cuban policy. The court decision in MD came at a perfect time to set a new legal precedent that kept RM out of prison. 'Show me the man and I'll show you the crime', democrat policy of the last administration is not one we need to continue. they eat their own when a member steps out of line.

RM said the appointment of eric holder would restore the faith in the DOJ that was lost under GWB. How did that work out as a demonstration of RM's judgment and foresight. Holder along with Obama's knowledge falsified a warrant and judge shopped to spy on journalists. That should send a chill up your spine. So much for the faux outrage by the hate and fear mongering democrat party of the coming of fascism attributed to Trump.

That unethical behavior is systemic in the party of Menendez. Holder worked with bill Clinton to free the FALN terrorists who killed people. Recent bomb threats generated horror in the hearts of our country, the democrats are pointing fingers, ignoring the people killed by the PR terrorists, ayres and dorhn, Obama's pals.

RM will be re-elected. Hope to be wrong in that prediction.

hm..we had christie in office for 2 terms. In that period, he has wrecked nj transit's funding. He helped create bridgegate and let a soccer mom take the fall and go to jail.

Trump has control of all of congress and the supreme court. He can easily pass legislation to get big projects done for nj. He does not want to even though he has property in the area and comes to in NJ instead of NYC to recuperate.

You can blame democrats all you want but the fact is that they are not in power. Hillary did not win. Trump is in charge and he promised beautiful infrastructure. Where is it?

Reagan would turn in his grave if saw this pandering of putin. Putin is a cold warrior and he has stated that the US is in Russia's way to regain global power. I hope russians drink themselves to death, their popluation continues to decreases, and russia breaks up.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:46 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Menendez is a horrible person in general, someone that any person in NJ would never want to associate with in a daily life. Why do people in NJ vote for them? We will never know but the Dems spend all their money in Essex and Camden counties on lies and the welfare vote.
Speaking for myself and others who feel the same way as I do, we vote for Menendez because we do not like the Republican choices for Judges, we are pro-choice, we believe in medicaid expansion and the ACA, we like that he votes for tighter controls on environmental issue and increased consumer protections. Basically the polar opposite of his opponent, who may be a great guy but does not share my priorities.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:53 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
It did also fail to mention that he paid to have sex with 15 year old girls also.
I’m pretty sure it did mention it, but they said it was a lie, without giving any reason why it was a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey