Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:45 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,529,133 times

Advertisements

[quote=tahiti;3235442]apparently Upper Saddle River, according to NJ Monthly. [/QUOTE

What??? Yes rich housewife's beating me over the head with their rolling pins,very high crime!!! How about old LT, buying crack! Come on , this is too funny!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM

48 posts, read 386,835 times
Millville and Vineland too. Not the whole towns but the downtown areas are getting bad.
Millville has just enlisted the Guardian Angels to help out in the downtown area.

Vineland is the largest city in NJ by area. Some areas are dangerous but the outskirts are nice.

The map that was put up is just averages and that's understood. Down here in Cumberland County, now NJ's poorest, there's some money that is impressive no matter who you are. There has to be or our color would be solid red.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:44 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff MRT View Post
Millville and Vineland too. Not the whole towns but the downtown areas are getting bad.
Millville has just enlisted the Guardian Angels to help out in the downtown area.

Vineland is the largest city in NJ by area. Some areas are dangerous but the outskirts are nice.

The map that was put up is just averages and that's understood. Down here in Cumberland County, now NJ's poorest, there's some money that is impressive no matter who you are. There has to be or our color would be solid red.
The funny thing about your observation is that if I included the entire USA and still used 5 classes, most of that area in Cumberland would change from orange to yellow. That will give you an idea of how much more impoverished a lot of the country is nationally compared to NJ.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 PM

11 posts, read 47,758 times
I would say Hoboken. It's overpriced, too crowded, no place to park with a million obnoxious mothers with double-wide baby carriages.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:40 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,552,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguynj View Post
Are these The worst Places To Live In NJ Or Do You have An Even Worse List?

Some places people have said are.........

Newark Nj
Camden Nj
Jersey City Nj
East Orange Nj
Irvington Nj
Camden Nj
Elizabeth Nj
Rahway Nj
Carteret Nj

I think these towns get a bad rap, they have nice homes that are affordable
Do you have Any places to add here?
LOL,. btw, Rahway is ok...

Old 04-12-2008, 12:20 PM

531 posts, read 2,151,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lala30 View Post
I would say Hoboken. It's overpriced, too crowded, no place to park with a million obnoxious mothers with double-wide baby carriages.
This is true

Old 04-12-2008, 12:23 PM

2 posts, read 10,697 times
Default The worst Places To Live In NJ

Bergen county is not that great either and have all sorts of infestations (Rats, Roaches, and Foreign Bed Bugs). Please add to list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguynj View Post
Are these The worst Places To Live In NJ Or Do You have An Even Worse List?

Some places people have said are.........

Newark Nj
Camden Nj
Jersey City Nj
East Orange Nj
Irvington Nj
Camden Nj
Elizabeth Nj
Rahway Nj
Carteret Nj

I think these towns get a bad rap, they have nice homes that are affordable
Do you have Any places to add here?

Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 AM

874 posts, read 3,681,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseycity79 View Post
Newark (worked there, very few "nice" areas) However, the Ironbound section or as some say, "Down Neck" is fine.

Jersey City- ( I live here...But, Newport and the downtown area are nice. Trump Towers is going up on Washington St. and 1st , people aren't paying 400 thou for a one bed apart to live in a "bad" neighborhood. The Heights are too bad either.)

Union City - (Again, there are problems, but it isn't too bad. I teach in Union City.)

Paterson-( I have only heard bad things about the city, but I am sure there are some exaggerations.)

East Orange

Irvington

Passaic-

Elizabeth

Trenton

Asbury Park

Lakewood

Camden- ( I taught in Camden, and there is really no safe areas of that city.)
Where do you teach in Union City? I grew up there. Went to St. Augustine and Union Hill H.S.

I must say though..UC has changed a great deal!! I would never want to raise my child there much less purchase a home there..Extremely over populated and the crime..WOW! Thumbs down for Union City, West New York, North Bergen...that entire area. Especially if you have children. I'm not sure about Weehawken..I believe Weehawken is still a nice area..very pricey..but nice.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,944,136 times
For Warren County add Phillipsburg, I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:22 PM

50 posts, read 191,144 times
Actually, I think Phillipsburg is just really old. My uncle's office is there and the people seem okay, but everything is just old and not well kept. But I still wouldn't live there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey