Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:54 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackedInPrinceton View Post
I dont understand why anyone says Lakewood is the worst place to live! Someone has to explain this to me cause ive been there on several occasions and thought it to be one of the nicest areas ive visited in new jersey.. was i just in a nice section of town... i passed down route 9 and went to watch a AA ball game at the lakewood ballpark and thought it to be heaven compared to going to watch trenton thunder AA games up here in princeton area.. im confused
yes you were in a nice part of the town, lakewood is large and the ballpark is on the fringe, go towards rt 9, visit it's business district and you'll see it's as dumpy as any other dumpy town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 PM

18 posts, read 89,728 times
yeah Paterson should be added

Old 12-11-2007, 12:01 PM

625 posts, read 3,635,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
not all the towns posted are bad areas.. most people in this forum exagerate.. anything that's heavily populated they consider bad.. that's the reason why postings on this forum is not realiable facts.. anyone that is really concern with an area should visit the area before moving and not follow comments from this site as many comments here are comming from people who never lived in city like neighborhoods..
I completely agree with you!!! People on this forum tend to exxagerate. And the reason why people are moving out of these areas is because of property taxes!!!! My mom has a house in Paterson (as I have said before not all of Paterson is so crime ridden that you have to be afraid for your life) and now she wishes she could put it up for sale like the rest of our neighbors because of the high property taxes ($7k) that consistently increase year after year (inspite of what many of you have heard many Paterson homeowners are accessed every year and every year they increase) and the city offers nothing (they won't even pick up leaves or tree twigs unless u badger them. A company that has been there for decades is now leaving which will once again mean warehouse workers and some office workers will be out of a job many who reside in Paterson. Alot of these places get a bad rap because homeowners aka taxpayers are fed up with the inefficient City Council and other elected officials who sit back and do nothing but put the financial burdens on homeowners. I imagine what these places will look like once the homeowners bail and turn their homes into rental properties or Section 8 rental properties.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,610 times
Hmmm yes lakewood looks like it covers a hell of a lot of ground on the map. I was down route 9 quite a bit too though near white castle/moon motel and thought that are to be ok too... lot of traffic though. i guess i just got a good impression of it not to mention the beach a short drive away. Then again I spend summer nights in Asbury Park and happen to like the place and have never encountered any problems... heard its a different world in the winter though

Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,610 times
And also... it is a crime that the OP left trenton out of his list... and for anyone who leaves it out.. not only one of the worst places in New Jersey, it is constantly ranked as one the top 20 most dangerous cities in the country! I would know everytime coming home from someones house here in mercer county I end up in Trenton when making any wrong turns... this happens a lot at like 2 in the morning!!

Old 03-24-2008, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 6,604 times
Thumbs down worst towns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
lol.. i find this list funny.. but you can add bridgeton, pleasantville, Union City, Paterson, Clifton, Passaic, Roselle, Linden, Atlantic city, ....
Add to that list,,,,,, Little Egg Harbor.....

Old 03-24-2008, 10:00 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,632,806 times
oh boy here we go again! As a NYer, I'll say ALL of NJ is the worst.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,683,201 times
apparently Upper Saddle River, according to NJ Monthly.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,631 times
Default Yes I have a place to add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguynj View Post
Are these The worst Places To Live In NJ Or Do You have An Even Worse List?

Some places people have said are.........

Newark Nj
Camden Nj
Jersey City Nj
East Orange Nj
Irvington Nj
Camden Nj
Elizabeth Nj
Rahway Nj
Carteret Nj

I think these towns get a bad rap, they have nice homes that are affordable
Do you have Any places to add here?
ALL OF NEW JERSEY :-)

Old 03-24-2008, 10:42 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neekah18 View Post
I completely agree with you!!! People on this forum tend to exxagerate. And the reason why people are moving out of these areas is because of property taxes!!!! My mom has a house in Paterson (as I have said before not all of Paterson is so crime ridden that you have to be afraid for your life) and now she wishes she could put it up for sale like the rest of our neighbors because of the high property taxes ($7k) that consistently increase year after year (inspite of what many of you have heard many Paterson homeowners are accessed every year and every year they increase) and the city offers nothing (they won't even pick up leaves or tree twigs unless u badger them. A company that has been there for decades is now leaving which will once again mean warehouse workers and some office workers will be out of a job many who reside in Paterson. Alot of these places get a bad rap because homeowners aka taxpayers are fed up with the inefficient City Council and other elected officials who sit back and do nothing but put the financial burdens on homeowners. I imagine what these places will look like once the homeowners bail and turn their homes into rental properties or Section 8 rental properties.
your last few sentences really hit home. I mean what will happen when it is all renters? It will be a total mess!! YOur right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey