Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,679 times

Advertisements

I know this post is really old but I am looking for anyone that had SSG Reese, G. I know he was there from 87-88. He passed away in Feb 1988
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 11:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,414 times
I was there in June of 1989 I am a male and remember my female Drill she would take a few of us and shut all the windows make us put chemical suits on and the smoke us. She was ugly had scars all over her face like someone threw hot boiling water on her. The road March if someone fell back the would be dragged till knees would bleed. Also the muddy sand pit every night to get smoked in. I just retired 2 years ago don't remember my company. I got recycled 4th week mail me raymond.basacker@gmail.com

Old 04-13-2017, 05:17 AM

450 posts, read 597,559 times
Ahhh dear old Fort Dix. I remember it well. Arrived there for basic training on Thanksgiving Day 1966. So cold the birds were frozen in mid air. Drill Sgts told us what to wear but I did it my way and wore two fatigue uniforms plus three pairs of underwear. They marched us to the range and gave us five minutes for personal needs. I had to go through all those pants but disaster struck when I found the bottom pair of shorts were on backwards. As I struggled to liberate my equipment the Drill Sgts saw me and accused me of playing with myself. All those push-ups and humiliation did not solve the problem and I was wet the rest of the day.
Survived that as well as Vietnam and can still laugh about it.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,286 times
I was in 2/26 and know all too well of what you are talking about. It wasn't so much about the injuries, but the chance for the DS to get the female out of the barracks. When I was questioned about what I knew, I was to told to deny everything. It would ruin their career, but I was young and could always come back. As a teenager, it was easy to be taken advantage of.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:17 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
Damn! After reading all of this, maybe y'all need to create a Netflix or HBO series with all these stories?!! Smh.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,997 times
Damn!!!

With all due respect, isn't this part and parcel of how a soldier is made? Rising above ridicule or is this sexual abuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by williambunce View Post
I remember hearing the female recruits march by having to sing a cadence that said "we like to suck dick, suck dick, we like to suck dick all night long." I don't know what the circumstances were but I was embarraced and I felt bad for the females soldiers.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:48 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Ft. Dix Basic started in Feb. of 1966. DI was a Sgt Bookheimer an E6 Pretty good guy, no scandals. His assistant was a Sgt Grunden and he was somewhat of an *******.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,025 times
Default Ultimate Weapon Statue at Fort Dix

Hello, I am looking for anyone that was at Fort Dix during the time the " The Ultimate Weapon Statue" was being setup by the Reception area. My husband was there during this time and has suffered a head injury overseas as a contractor. He has lost most of his memory from this time and his doctors hope by showing him pictures of different places could make him remember some. I remember he was telling our kids that he seen the statue being setup by a helicopter and how strong they are and how much they can lift. He lost all of his own class pictures and stuff during a house fire. I would happily purchase the pictures. We have submitted request to the Military Archives but the waiting list can take years. Please notify us at his email michaellhayes46@gmail.com. Thank you!

Old 12-11-2017, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,914 times
I was in basic women's ft Dixon may 1989 the drill instructor was mean he tried to sexually harass the women a woman jumped out of the top floor died they beat women with mattresses smacked them beat them nearly to death if they cried or complained

Old 01-27-2018, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,823 times
Anyone recall sexual abuse in B 226 in winter 1989-1990 at Ft Dix
Please email me if you recall this inappropriate behavior
lvnmebest@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia