Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,899,057 times

Advertisements

rrufast, I will definitely try the slaw. It sounds great! I like the relish idea. I never thought to put that in slaw before, but it seems like a perfect match. I would have to stray from your recipe just a little. I would have to change the hint of salt to a nice visible layer . I am a complete salt addict. Luckily my systolic pressure rarely reaches triple digits so I can convince myself my addiction is harmless

The great mayo debate continued in our house the other day. My husband was going to the store and I asked him to pick up mayo. (Keep in mind he was well aware of this thread as well as the results). It was only the fact that he is a loving husband and wonderful father that kept me from filing for divorce when he walked through the door with HELLMANNS

Quote:
Kinda like a 'mater sandwich with Dukes and a very little bit of salt and a decent amount of pepper.
I just picked my first tomato the other day and that is exactly what I did with it. I still remain firm that I will not be so adventurous as to try the banana, brown sugar and dukes sandwich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,899,057 times
Quote:
Oh Yeah!.... But it's gotta go on white bread. Whole wheat will ruin the whole thing!
I have to agree. I like whole grain bread and use it often but mater sandwiches MUST be on squishy white bread.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:18 PM

34 posts, read 97,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
You might have more luck getting recipes if you post this (and the one about cooking crabs) in the food and drink - recipes forum/thread or whatever you call it......Not that you won't get any responses here, just more likely that people will answer you there.
Hey, Thanks!

Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pburgess68 View Post
There's a recipe section? Gee, never knew that! I usually just turn to internet searches or one of my over 100 cookbooks...guess I just collect stuff. Don't ever challenge a person with recipes hehe, I love it!

Ben and Jerry's version, 1986
1 pt fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/3 c sugar
juice of 1/2 lemon

Sweet Cream Base
*2 large eggs
*3/4 c sugar
*2 c heavy or whipping cream
*1c milk

Combine the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hr.

Prepare the Sweet Cream Base. Mash the strawberries to a puree and stir into the cream base.

Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze folling the manufacturer's instructions.

Makes 1 generous qt.

Note: For a chunkier ice cream, drain the juice from the strawberries and whisk it into the cream base just before transferring it to the ice cream maker. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 mins before it is done), add the mashed strawberries, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.

Strawberry-Lemon Gelato, Biba's Italian Kitchen
1 lb fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into halves
1/2 c granulated sugar
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 c cold whipping cream, beaten to a medium-thick consistency

Put the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the mixture through a strainer and into the bowl of an ice cream machine. Run the machine for 10-15 mins. Add the wipped cream and run the machine for 5 mins longer, or until the ice cream has a smooth, fluffy consistency.

Serve the gelato immediately or freeze it until you are ready to serve it.

(can use the same recipe using blackberries, blueberries, or boysenberries in the same proportions)

A million thanks.. this sounds like some really good recipe's. Thank you!

Old 06-09-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pburgess68 View Post
Some how I must have deleted the Sweet Cream Base prep part when I was typing it up. Sorry about that.

Sweet Cream Base
2 large eggs
3/4 c sugar
2c heavy or whipping cream
1 c milk

Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend.

Makes 1 qt.
Sounds good thanks!

Old 06-10-2010, 10:53 PM

882 posts, read 3,543,413 times
PD- Nothing but Merita Butter bread in my fridge... Yes, I keep my bread in the fridge.. I don't really eat enough of it and it stays fresh longer in the crisper drawer...

Old 06-11-2010, 05:25 PM

245 posts, read 763,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
PD- Nothing but Merita Butter bread in my fridge... Yes, I keep my bread in the fridge.. I don't really eat enough of it and it stays fresh longer in the crisper drawer...
I love merita butter bread! Its all my little one will eat....when my parents were down they stopped by the store while they were out to grab some bread and my little one made them go to four different grocery stores until he could find the right one!

Old 06-11-2010, 05:37 PM

11 posts, read 78,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post
I love merita butter bread! Its all my little one will eat....when my parents were down they stopped by the store while they were out to grab some bread and my little one made them go to four different grocery stores until he could find the right one!
I love merita bread too. A nice fresh soft loaf and make PB & J. I love PB&J on very very soft bread. It is the best!

Old 06-12-2010, 02:56 PM

882 posts, read 3,543,413 times
What can I say? I have good taste.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbychoice14 View Post

Old 10-29-2011, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 978 times
Im new here,but i am from S.C. just transplanted in Ga. But Dukes has always been the best.They use to get it in the stores here,now i cant find it.Maybe ya'll can send some my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area