Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 09:56 AM

425 posts, read 634,249 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't think there be much crime at all in the area zoned for Socastee high School.

They also say Florence SC is a real dangerous town which is a joke. Outside of maybe Dargan street, Florence could not be more safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 09:02 PM

8 posts, read 20,494 times
Default Myrtle beach

Very good chance I get a job in Myrtle Beach.
How is the rentals for apartments?
I would be an entry level employee, not making too much so I am hoping for an apartment at about 600.

Is crime an issue? Should I worry about safety and vandalism?

Old 04-10-2014, 10:24 AM

312 posts, read 734,578 times
Myrtle Beach ranked 17th 'Most Dangerous U.S. City' by website - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather

I still, after ten years, living here with a husband in law enforcement laugh out loud at the ignorance of the people living here....it is okay...go ahead bury your heads in the sand.... these are NOT made up and when this came up, all the law enforcement officers in Horry County had a state wide, not county wide meeting which my husband attended and some of the things discussed are quite true and very scary... this area WILL NEVER let you know the truth about what is going on out there because they DO NOT want to lose the tourists...............

Old 04-10-2014, 12:50 PM

538 posts, read 1,011,340 times
This is in every city in our country. People would poop their pants if they really knew the amount of crap that happens in their towns. I always tell people to go to radio shack & pick up a fire/police scanner. Listening to the amount & type of calls for just 1 week, and it will change your mind quickly where you put your roots down.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:37 PM

55 posts, read 137,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mec4U View Post
I would like to address the concerns and comments regarding the issue of crime in Myrtle beach.

When I was first considering buying a condo in MB, I kept putting my plans on hold because of the crime stats and reviews I would read.

But as I continued visiting and talking to people and getting to know the city better and better, I finally decided to buy a condo located near "Broadway at the Beach". This is in the 29577 zip code which, if you go by the crime stats on such sites as Homefair.com, is supposedly the second most dangerous of the 5 zip code areas.

Well, I must be clueless, because I see no reason why I should have any concerns about my safety, and I can't help wonder if all the publicity about crime is some sort of conspiracy by the locals to keep this beautiful place all to themselves.

I have found the South Carolinians to be just about the nicest people on Earth, and I am blessed and grateful to have found a condo for under $50,000! Where else can you buy anything near the beach for that price?

With its mild weather year round, Myrtle Beach is both a cozy winter retreat as well as a charming summer resort. The fabulous restaurants, shops, and cultural events along with the beautiful beaches and the State Park enhance the city's charm.

Don't live your life in fear or put your dreams on hold because of a few negative reviews. Some people would do nothing but complain even if they lived in Paradise. So come down and see for yourself. Make my home yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area