Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 05:48 PM

44 posts, read 299,489 times

Advertisements

Do any of you have any info about a community called "The Gates"? How is the location? Is there a pool? I believe it is in the St. James School District. Is that a good thing? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 07:52 AM

343 posts, read 727,077 times
This community's entrance is on Holmestown Road which is a connecting road between US 17 (Bypass) and Route 707. It's a nice community with various sub-communties of different styles of homes (i.e. some townhome, some single family, some traditional, some a Charleston-look). Location is convienient (1/2 mile to convienence stores, McDonald's, etc. and 3-4 miles to most any kind of shopping). It's about 8 miles to Myrtle Beach by 17 bypass.

The community has a pool, an HOA, and is kept in a good appearance. Its children attend the St. James School District (all schools are within 3 miles of the community) which is one of the most modern districts in Horry County. It could arguably be mentioned in the top two or three districts in the county (by recent test scores) along with Aynor and Carolina Forest.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by Teddyterp; 12-20-2009 at 08:05 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 AM

59 posts, read 201,856 times
It all depends on what you consider a good school district and what your needs are for your children.
I would contact the schools directly and see what their rankings are compared to where you live now.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:33 AM

245 posts, read 762,256 times
My child attends St James and we are very happy.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 AM

44 posts, read 299,489 times
ok...I'm bringing back my old thread. We are moving to MB next month. Why are there so many homes for rent in The Gates? Is there something going on in that community? There was a community like this back in FL where everyone bought at the peak of home prices then had to "vacate" because they couldn't make payments. It's a very depressed area now. Is that what's going on here?

Old 06-10-2010, 05:21 AM

59 posts, read 201,856 times
Default The Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by southcarolinaonmymind View Post
ok...I'm bringing back my old thread. We are moving to MB next month. Why are there so many homes for rent in The Gates? Is there something going on in that community? There was a community like this back in FL where everyone bought at the peak of home prices then had to "vacate" because they couldn't make payments. It's a very depressed area now. Is that what's going on here?

It is worth a trip down here to find out . Home prices are still on the decline across the country and the scenario you suggested may well be true.
This is not a place to be stuck, for sure.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:11 AM

194 posts, read 749,257 times
I was over at the Gates a few months ago and was suprised by the lack of upkeep on some of the homes but most of them are very nice. There is a surplus of homes on the market and many are renting them out.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:51 PM

33 posts, read 50,813 times
Default Bump

Bumping a 4 year old thread to see what's new there. Google street view makes it look like the perfect place to move to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area