Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 12:59 PM

10 posts, read 27,097 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: tos violation
I am interested in builders that build solid and efficient homes, does anyone know of any other ones?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-22-2008 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,411 times
Default Skeptical

I just built a home. The builder had a good reference and clean background. Unfortunately, the builder was terrible and the subs worse not showing up or showing up without the right equipment. I would really research the builder and then find out who his subs are and then I would find a house and move in. Builders are pretty bad in Myrtle Beach or maybe it's the southern way to be slack and not do a good job.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:40 PM

207 posts, read 1,004,598 times
A friend of ours owns Maritime Green Builders in Myrtle...he just built the first LEED certified home in Myrtle. I think its maritimegreenbuilders.com if you want to check them out and check out the house he just built.

If you are looking for a "chain" builder, maybe see if there are any David Weekly neighborhoods. Not a fully green house, but has many energy saving features. Other builders are including these things.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:44 PM

9 posts, read 23,808 times
Check out Ameri Built Homes they are building LEED certified homes

Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
RRW

2 posts, read 4,240 times
Derrick Blanton Construction is also a certified green builder with a good reputation. Lots of references since he's been building there about 20 plus years. Also is building universal designs and is a certified master builder by national homebuilders association. not sure website, but think it is derrickblanton.com.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,006 times
Did you find a good builder? Please past their name to me [email]prillawe@earthlink.net[/email]. I will be starting my retirement home shortly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area