Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 02:12 AM

244 posts, read 714,691 times

Advertisements

Can someone clue me in as to why the Surfside Triangle section of Surfside Beach is more like the Bermuda Triangle as far as real estate prices go? Everything there seems dirt cheap. I've looked at houses in Deerfield Plantation and the associated townhouses such as Deer Track online and the listing prices for foreclosures are in the low-mid $50s/square foot. I know that it's an older complex and that the golf course is closed and in litigation with the surrounding homeowners but is the neighborhood basically sound? The houses and townhouses look OK online but I know that there's no substitute for personal inspection. TIA for any info, particularly if you live there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:34 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,827,592 times
You might want to read this article - The South Carolina Environmental Law Project - Cases & Projects Realistically, I'm not sure it's a big factor in current RE prices, but if you look at these properties, you should be aware.

There are a number of RE experts on here who can provide you better info. Right now, there's not a lot of building going on around here, but sooner or later, their golf course will turn into something else - condos, homes, ??? Current properties that were once golf course view will sooner or later be staring at something much different. Uncertainly usually depresses value.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:51 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
I don't know anything about the Surfside Triangle section of Surfside Beach but I clicked on your link. There is a lot of helpful information for a newbie like myself. Coming from Maryland, home of the Chesapeake Bay (one of the most disgusting bodies of water in the USA) and a state that has to rank high as one of the most environmentally negligent in the country, it is encouraging to see such an organization exists in the state. Thanks for the link .

Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM

2,614 posts, read 5,827,592 times
The SCELP is a superb organization, and one of only a very few who have any success in standing up to coastal developers regarding environmental issues. Jimmy Chandler ran for Georgetown County Council a few years ago. Unfortunately, he was a Democrat in a Waccamaw Neck district, so there were no hopes whatsoever of him getting elected. He's the type of leader that has been missing from local gov't along the Grand Strand for too long.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:07 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,892,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
The SCELP is a superb organization, and one of only a very few who have any success in standing up to coastal developers regarding environmental issues.
They sure seem like they do a hell of a job.

Also, to any facebook junkies (like myself) they are on there as well. If you hit become a fan you will get updates as they are posted.

The South Carolina Environmental Law Project (SCELP) | Facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area