Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM

358 posts, read 1,000,617 times

Advertisements

I will be vacationing in Surfiside Beach in June with my husband, daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandchildren. We have already checked out Wild Water and Wheels park in Myrtle Beach and will spend a day there. What are the other "must-see-or do"s in the area? Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 PM

178 posts, read 329,746 times
The new boardwalk and Broadway at the beach are touristy, but fun and must-do's for a vacation. There's another water park in Surfside at about 10th Ave South, that might be a bit less congested than the MB one. Anyone remember the name?

Old 03-31-2013, 09:23 PM

790 posts, read 1,625,006 times
Depending on the ages of the grandchildren the zoo animals family entertainment, WaccateeZoo.com Myrtle Beach, SC Home might be a good bet. My brother's daughters just love the place.

The Family Fun Center Warehouse Wheels Skating might also be interesting...also depending on kids ages.

On the surface, Brookgreen Gardens Brookgreen Gardens Zoo Myrtle Beach South Carolina Attractions National Historic Landmark might sound boring for kids, but my brother's daughters also has a great time there.

chilibeany is referring to Surfside Water Park Surfside Water Park and I believe there's a pretty good size flea market next door which I enjoy going to and kids would as well.

For the adults, there's also the Garden City pier which has a nice live band most evenings in the summer.

The schedule is not out yet but there are concerts in downtown Myrtle Beach at 8th Ave just about every night of the week. Keep an eye on this site Welcome To The Myrtle Beach Boar for the Hot Summer Nights upcoming schedule as your travel date moves closer.

There are tons of things to do and a google of Myrtle Beach can reveal a variety of other things to do. It depends on what your family likes to do.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:17 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,978 times
Actually, Wild-Water and Wheels is located at the southern most part of Surfside Beach. The link posted above is for a water park near Atlanta!

What are the ages of the grandchildren? That would make a difference in the activities that people recommend.

I agree with CTYankee that Brookgreen Gardens is appropriate for all ages.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 AM

790 posts, read 1,625,006 times
Oops, I guess I should have checked the link more carefully. Sorry about the mistake.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:38 AM

358 posts, read 1,000,617 times
Thanks for the great info. Hubby has sent off for Chamber of Commerce info and we are checking internet but, of course, prefer the opinion of the locals. Grands are 13, 11, and 5. Will check all this out and if you have any other suggestions, please post. Thanks!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 AM

538 posts, read 1,008,986 times
Nascar race park ( go cart racing) is about 15 mins North of Surfside. They also have a water park right next to it. Right across the street from that is The Palace Theatre. I think they're running a magic show now, or some Cirque show. Right behind that is Broadway at the beach. Tons of shopping & restaurants. Next to that is the Pelicans ballfield. Minor league team for the Texas rangers. So much to do....not enough time to do it all!!!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:44 PM

142 posts, read 363,658 times
Good suggestions above and I will add:

Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing: lots of things to do, mirror mazes, rides, 7D Cinema, Wonderworks and more.

Children's Museum of SC

Family Kingdom Amusement Park

Pirate's Adventure in Murrells Inlet

Surfside Bowling Lanes

Take a Segway Tour

There is not enough time to do all we have to offer and to be able to do all the above and so much more for less check out Myrtle Beach Promotions Discount Card Over $5000 In Discounts and Savings they have a discount card that over 230 businesses offer great savings and you can choose a charity which will benefit from the purchase.

Gary

Old 04-03-2013, 12:16 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,894,625 times
I would second the boardwalk, skywheel, zip line, and the strip between 9th and Joe White with the Gay Dolphin, Ripleys Believe it or Not, Nightmare Haunted House and arcades.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 AM

62 posts, read 117,005 times
I know it's not in the Surfside area, but Alligator Adventure is really cool for kids the ages of yours. They have many different types of animals and they do reptile shows at certain times of the day. It is on the south end of North Myrtle Beach right on the main drag (Hwy 17)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area