Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2009, 11:24 AM

7 posts, read 13,978 times

Advertisements

We are closing on a MB condo as a second home tomorrow and need recommendations to completely remodel the condo. We need to:
  • Remove the "popcorn ceiling"
  • Replace all floor coverings with hardwood floors/carpeting/limestone tiles
  • A full kitchen remodel - new cabinets/granite countertops/lighting/appliances
  • Partial remodels of the bathrooms - sinks/faucets/cabinets/shower doors
  • Re-paint the entire unit
  • Install an alarm system
  • Install a remote programable thermostat
  • Replace all window treatments and add plantation shutters/decorative window treatments/add window framing and sills
  • Need to find a designer to work out paint and carpet colors/help with window treatments
  • Hire a chimney sweep

(Also, there is a loft with a spiral staircase access. How on earth can furniture of size possibly be moved into this area? I'm clueless.)

I would so very much appreciate some guidance and advice pertaining to the above needs and look forward to all responses.
We are so excited about moving to Myrtle Beach!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 06:57 PM

7 posts, read 13,978 times
Hmm.... no responses?

Well, I've taken care of most of the items on my list by going through one of the "big box" home improvement stores. The will be stopping by this coming week to give estimates. That takes care of the kitchen appliances, the kitchen and bath cabinetry, faucets, and all flooring. Our realtor gave us recommendations for a plumber, electrician, and painter, and two interior decorators. I guess I can use the yellow pages for a locksmith, HVAC guy, alarm company, and chimney sweep.

So that only leaves.....

I still need someone who can get rid of this ugly "popcorn ceiling".
I don't have a clue as to even where to start to look for a job like that. It's such a messy job so I can't even get started on the other work that needs to get done until this project would be finished.

Could someone please, please, please give me some guidance with this?
Please don't advertise yourself here. I'm just looking for anyone who may have had this done and can recommend a company/contractor.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:28 AM

882 posts, read 3,540,356 times
Message sent....

Old 07-25-2019, 11:24 AM

3 posts, read 1,833 times
Default caulking my windows from the outside

Hi, Have been looking for contractors/handyman/painter to do caulking on my windows outside. I can not find any! Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area