Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,772,984 times

Advertisements

I don't know anything about this or how it works but I know someone that wants to move here and they would need this type of housing. I did go on some sites doing research but I'm still not seeing where the houses would be. Does anyone know about this in SC, especially Horry County?

She has two kids and is on disability. She would want one of the neighborhoods with better schools if that's possible. Obviously needs somewhere safe. How do I help her find such a house? I know she can't be too picky but would a house exist like this in a sub-division area such as Carolina Forest? Is there a site that you know of that she can search houses?

Any and all info. would be appreciated. She is someone I would like to help because she is disabled raising two good kids and could use a break. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 PM

8 posts, read 51,599 times
Hi there, hope this helps. First she would need to apply and see if she qualifies. Second there is usually a very long waiting list. If she is already receiving section-8 vouchers then it is "portable" she can use it wherever she moves to. If you type in "housing authority Myrtle Beach, SC" in your web browser it should bring you to there site. Just type in whatever city you want to search in. Most reasonably sized cities will have a housing office. There is usually a link to section-8 info. If there isn't a link to specific rental listings have her contact those offices and ask for a copy of their current rental listings, most of them keep a current copy. She can also ask to speak to the section-8 manager and ask about better neighborhoods, landlords, etc. I myself am in a similar situation and have been doing the homework. I too want to reclocate to the MB area from east tenn. I have always loved MB and want to get away from here and start over. Again, I hope this helps in some small way. And tell her best wishes for me. ;o)

Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 AM

Thank you and if I find out anything more that might help you as well, I'll send it to you.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:39 AM

194 posts, read 748,406 times
Here is a link for Conway and The State Housing Authority website
It is my understanding that some of the local agencies are low on funds and waiting lists are long.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:22 AM

8 posts, read 51,599 times
Thank you Rapture and if you find out anything I would appreciate the info. How long have you lived in the area there?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritdancer View Post
Thank you Rapture and if you find out anything I would appreciate the info. How long have you lived in the area there?
No problem. A little over 2.5 years and I live in Conway, right outside MB.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM

6 posts, read 32,320 times
schousingsearch.com - Socialserve.com

Old 08-28-2012, 03:19 PM

3 posts, read 13,842 times
Has anyone had luck with section 8 housing in horry county???

Old 08-29-2012, 12:06 PM

312 posts, read 732,497 times
I do know that a friend of mine in a similar situation, applied for the housing down off of Joe White Avenue....low income houing development I believe...very nice there....I will call her and ask the name but they are building new ones as well there so I am sure there are openings....

Old 08-18-2013, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 8,390 times
Is there any section 8 housing lists for myrtle beach and surrounding areas??? trying to relocate from ohio.. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area