Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:03 PM

4 posts, read 9,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Hi All,

Not familiar with the area...We visited Myrtle Beach last summer my wife didn't care for the area...there seemed to be lots of shady characters if you know what I mean and didn't drive very far without seeing another gentlemen's club...We never got the chance to check out North myrtle beach...how do the areas compare? We have two teenagers...

If you're looking for a family oriented area try Litchfield Beach, Garden City or Pawley's Island. It's a totally different world than Myrtle and N. Myrtle. Lots of great restaurants and the beaches are clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelGraham View Post
If you're looking for a family oriented area try Litchfield Beach, Garden City or Pawley's Island. It's a totally different world than Myrtle and N. Myrtle. Lots of great restaurants and the beaches are clean.
I totally agree with you. I love those towns and beach areas. However, I think that North Myrtle Beach is also a fine area. Its the middle of Myrtle that has gone quite tacky and full of towel shops and adult only places...

So, the far southern end...is fine. Socastee down to Pawleys.

North Myrtle is a nice little town in itself. Nice homes and some new condos. Good beaches with things for kids to enjoy. Different rental items. I see no problem at all with North Myrtle.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:50 PM

62 posts, read 169,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay1949bch View Post
Now wonder where these folks migrated from~~~~wunder how healthy they are compared to the Shaggers~~~~their so jealous~~~~go back home, you probably are one of the complainers about the bike rally~~~~now, go home, we don't understand they way you talk nor the way walk.~~~~Kay
Wow, that's way too harsh a reply, in my opinion. And, I'm a shagger, and I am from New Hampshire originally. I don't talk like you, but I love the dance like you. I would never tell anyone, "Go back home".......ouch.....

Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM

249 posts, read 882,554 times
Default Shag The Movie

Quote:
N.M.Beach is a total different world. The state dance is the shag. If you enjoy seeing adults and kids dancing, you will love it.

Sad MB has gone to a different world, but this is what idiots with money do, opened a Hard Rock Park, like we want to listen to rock, shaggers are just into the real thing. One season~bankrupt, us locals just sit back and watch. They tore the Pavilion down whick was MB and this was not good.

Check out the videos of the shag on your pc. Check out the movie with Bridgette Fonda and Phoebe Cates, Shag. You will see the real Myrtle Beach. Also, the band Alabama got their start at the Bowery in the middle of Myrtle Beach. Check out their song, Dancing on the blvd.

Guess you can tell I am a shagger and learned on my grand-parents frig, you got to dance from the hips down Kay~~an old shagger from way back.
One of my favorites movies!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:59 AM

312 posts, read 732,497 times
Quote:
Now wonder where these folks migrated from~~~~wunder how healthy they are compared to the Shaggers~~~~their so jealous~~~~go back home, you probably are one of the complainers about the bike rally~~~~now, go home, we don't understand they way you talk nor the way walk.~~~~Kay

OMG...Kay you are hilarious....re-read your message please...you CAN'T understand the way we talk....LOL.....oh my......I really need to buy a tee shirt I saw on the internet:

GOOD GRAMMAR IS SEXY.....and wear it all over this beach....

Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 AM

253 posts, read 470,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Ain't no problem. Just head west on 501 and take a right on I-95. Don't let the screen door hit ya' in the @_$_$ on your way out.

My thoughts exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area