Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 AM

1,145 posts, read 2,880,269 times

Advertisements

Off topic a bit but funny.... I had a colleague from England who came to work in our facility here in the states for a month. Of course I took her around the area. It just so happens that one of the Great Beach Music Bands, the Swingin' Medallions, is based in Greenwood. We were having a ShagFest and there were huge signs and banners all around. This young woman and another of the guys from England were giggling hysterically and they made me take their photos in front of the banners. Seems like Shag means something veerrrryyyyy different in England. I think of that everytime someone says they love to shag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,680,570 times
Default Mike Meyers....

Yes, it does! Did you ever see the Mike Meyers movie:

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me

(a different kind of "dance"!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Off topic a bit but funny.... I had a colleague from England who came to work in our facility here in the states for a month. Of course I took her around the area. It just so happens that one of the Great Beach Music Bands, the Swingin' Medallions, is based in Greenwood. We were having a ShagFest and there were huge signs and banners all around. This young woman and another of the guys from England were giggling hysterically and they made me take their photos in front of the banners. Seems like Shag means something veerrrryyyyy different in England. I think of that everytime someone says they love to shag

Old 09-27-2009, 05:13 AM

8 posts, read 16,091 times
THERE ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BIKE WEEKS IN MYRTLE BEACH , ALL ONE HAS TO DO IS SPEAK TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.NMB has become more run down over the years.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,800 times
mb is not at all what it is cracked up to be. if you have a family, i recommend you DO NOT MOVE here!! i moved from connecticut to mb and have lived to regret it. mb is a run-down, redneck town. the schools are inferior. there is alot of traffic esp if you are in the carolina forest area off of 501. (carolina forest is also the area most northerners fall in love with because of the nice housing developments.) if you love the arts, do not move here. there is virtually no arts scene, although there is a tiny art museum and some stuff going on at coastal carolina university. if you like chain restaurants, oppressively humid summers, poorly planned roads and lots of traffic, inferior zoningn backwards ways and poor schools by all means move on down. while i love my house and i love the weather here in nov and dec it is not enough to make me love this towm. as a die hard yankee moving to mb is one of the worst life decisions i have ever made.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:26 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,839,508 times
Quote:
as a die hard yankee moving to mb is one of the worst life decisions i have ever made...
Ain't no problem. Just head west on 501 and take a right on I-95. Don't let the screen door hit ya' in the @_$_$ on your way out.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,956,354 times
We found what we wanted in the Swing Bridge area and Cherry Grove to O.D. sections of NMB. Our little place is truely home away from home. We will eventually settle down somewhere in that area

Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 PM

369 posts, read 1,096,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbulbsmile View Post
mb is not at all what it is cracked up to be. if you have a family, i recommend you DO NOT MOVE here!! i moved from connecticut to mb and have lived to regret it. mb is a run-down, redneck town. the schools are inferior. there is alot of traffic esp if you are in the carolina forest area off of 501. (carolina forest is also the area most northerners fall in love with because of the nice housing developments.) if you love the arts, do not move here. there is virtually no arts scene, although there is a tiny art museum and some stuff going on at coastal carolina university. if you like chain restaurants, oppressively humid summers, poorly planned roads and lots of traffic, inferior zoningn backwards ways and poor schools by all means move on down. while i love my house and i love the weather here in nov and dec it is not enough to make me love this towm. as a die hard yankee moving to mb is one of the worst life decisions i have ever made.
to each his own. humid summers aren't so bad when you've got the beach. it's all in what the person wants. i wasn't thrilled with the city overall but nothing compares to the beach. i love it. take it for what it is.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:32 AM

8 posts, read 29,270 times
I have been a resident of Myrtle Beach for 16 years and would recommend Myrtle Beach over NMB if you have teenagers. The crowd moving to NMB seems to be mostly retired. There are nice areas of Myrtle Beach without all the "shady" people. Anywhere from around 38th Ave N to about 81st Ave N. is a nice area to be, however housing in that area is few and far between and can be pricier than other areas.
Another good choice for a family would be the Surfside Beach and Garden City area. Plus, Surfside is very close to the new Market Commons area that others have told you about on here.
I am also a realtor in the area, so if you have any other questions...feel free to ask.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 10,071 times
Started a webpage on Facebook for the Sherwood Forest and Pondersoa Campground memories in the 70's and 80's. Welcome people to join. Search on Facebook.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,702,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Ain't no problem. Just head west on 501 and take a right on I-95. Don't let the screen door hit ya' in the @_$_$ on your way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area