Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:00 PM

78 posts, read 294,662 times

Advertisements

we just got back from M.B. visit,we checked out Surfside, socastee,conway & carolina forest areas. seems like about 20 developments & too many houses,it gets confusing. But we liked Carolina Forest area best,liked the location,& more family activitys when driving thru the area.Traffic was a little tough,but by the end of the week I learned how to avoid some of it. Now we will go back in the summer & hopefully be able to find a house. I know some other people were going to go down Easter week,just wondering how they made out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 04:29 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,196 times
We moved from NJ (Bergen Cty) to the Carolina Forest area. Traffic will never be as bad as NJ and after you live here you know how to get around it. Traffic was heavy the past 2 weeks, and it will be in the summer. Other then that there really isn't any traffic, there will always be traffic at 501 in CF.

Best of luck with your house hunt!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:02 PM

104 posts, read 403,420 times
We also moved from NJ (Monmouth Co) to Carolina Forest. Traffic at the intersection of 501 and CF Blvd is a pain but you just get used to it or go the back way. It's a good area though - everything at your fingertips just like Jersey.

Good luck on your search!

Old 04-20-2009, 05:36 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,677,944 times
Default We loved it there

We just got back from visiting too, on a house hunting trip and ended up buying a place in Surfside. I wanted to be as close to the beach as I could afford. Now I'm back in NJ and the real fun begins.....all the paperwork and arranging movers, etc. Yuk! I didn't realize trying to find a good mover was so difficult. It's been a while since I last moved and I don't remember it being so hard before. Maybe because I was younger then and didn't think about all of the things that can go wrong. That and the fact that I've never wanted to move somewhere before as much as I want to move to Surfside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj relocating View Post
we just got back from M.B. visit,we checked out Surfside, socastee,conway & carolina forest areas. seems like about 20 developments & too many houses,it gets confusing. But we liked Carolina Forest area best,liked the location,& more family activitys when driving thru the area.Traffic was a little tough,but by the end of the week I learned how to avoid some of it. Now we will go back in the summer & hopefully be able to find a house. I know some other people were going to go down Easter week,just wondering how they made out.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 AM

543 posts, read 2,366,247 times
Carolina Forest is nice. I live in Socastee because it has more of a rural feel to it in some areas. We are still a hop, skip and a jump from everything.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:19 AM

66 posts, read 184,328 times
Just back from MB last night. We finalized our stuff for our house at the design studio. Settled on Cameron Village off of 707. Close to the beach but still far enough away, only 7 miles to the beach.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:02 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,329,658 times
For those of you who have moved to Myrtle Beach, what made you pick Myrtle Beach?

Most people move south because of the weather but MB can get pretty cold.

So what was the ultimate factor for you guys to move to MB?

We love Carolina Forest, beautiful homes for sure.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:43 PM

78 posts, read 294,662 times
I'm moving because the weather is better than Jersey,it might get cold in M.B. but no snow.the cost of living is cheaper,close to the beach..& lots to do. & still close enough to Jersey for visits.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,196 times
We moved because the weather is better, even thought this was a cold winter and it did snow twice, but it is gone in 5 minutes. Not as hot as FL. Could drive back to NJ in a day. The cost of living is cheaper, but my homeowners ins. is more, and I do think food cost more. You are also taxed on clothing, which I hate.

My DH also had a job at the time we moved, he doesn't have that job anymore. Jobs are VERY scarce around here. I worked for the same company in NJ for 26 years, I never thought I would have a hard time finding a job, it is impossible.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:17 PM

245 posts, read 762,448 times
We moved here because hubby got transferred, we love it. I think the weather gets cooler but I don't consider it cold. I find the cost of living to be reasonable esp with all the area has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area