Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:08 PM

7 posts, read 21,284 times

Advertisements

To those of you who chose Carolina Forest over the Forestbrook area, can you give me some things that helped you make that choice? We are going in June to mainly look into those two areas and would like to hear from someone who recently made their decision. Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 05:55 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,882,196 times
We chose the Carolina Forest area. Our development is right near the elementary & middle school which I like. Also the access to shopping, I feel like we are closer to these things.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 AM

245 posts, read 762,448 times
We looked at Carolina Forest initially but decided further South because it was just too congested for us. We are more laid back people and I wanted to be closer to the beach. I did really like the Farm out of all the ones we looked at in there.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 AM

10 posts, read 35,714 times
I am from CT and moving to seaside grove apartments in carolina forest, I am moving to get away from the true COLD that we get here in winter, It gets OLD by the end of December, and you just want to get away. I have visited MB twice, and I loved it, the people were so friendly, compared to here at least lol, and i love the beach and endless options for dining and entertainment. Has anybody heard anytyhing about Seaside Grove good or bad? I have heard many good things, and I hope for the best.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 AM

23 posts, read 83,337 times
We chose Carolina Forest when we moved from NJ for the schools, location, shopping close by and the type of development we wanted to live in . We had looked in the Forestbrook area and there was no shopping, banks, post office close by and while some of the housing developments were really nice, some of the areas we drove through left a lot to be desired. 6 years later we're still very happy in CF.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:45 PM

7 posts, read 21,284 times
Thanks everyone! That's the kind of feedback I am looking for!

Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM

882 posts, read 3,540,577 times
Engine12-
Congratulations! Glad to hear you settled on Cameron Village... Feel free to PM me with any relative questions you may have...

Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM

122 posts, read 480,279 times
Was considering the MB/Pawleys area, but the huge fire is making me rethink.
Is fire a major threat?
What about hurricanes?
Really, really like the area. I feel very much at home when I visit unlike some southern locations.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,329,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl3624 View Post
Was considering the MB/Pawleys area, but the huge fire is making me rethink.
Is fire a major threat?
What about hurricanes?
Really, really like the area. I feel very much at home when I visit unlike some southern locations.
The fire was not even close to Pawleys, rare to even have a fire like that in the MB area.

Hurricanes, last one was in 1989 ( someone corrected me ) if I remember correctly. So 20+ years without one is a good thing.

Pawleys is very nice and quiet, more of a "home" feeling then you get closer to MB.

Last edited by Sunny-Days-in-Florida; 04-28-2009 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: corrected the year

Old 05-14-2009, 12:07 PM

24 posts, read 76,242 times
There was a hurricane about 4 or 5 years ago and they evacuated east of 17, but it wasn't bad at all and people were let back the very next day. I remember because it was before we bought our house in Longs and were still renting a condo in Cherry Grove section. We were coming in the day they were allowing people back. Only saw a few large palmetto branches and some damaged door overhangs as far as damage was concerned and we were across the street from the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area