Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 3,725 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I've read through a bunch of the posts and have found a lot of useful information. My husband and I are interested in purchasing and moving into one of the hotel condo's that are available on Ocean Boulveard, more specifically near the Caravelle- possibly. I know they would likely be small for most people but after living in Boston for three years any size issues are gone. I'm curious if anyone has lived in a hotel? Is it extremely noisy? Any suggestions or advise?

Also any thoughts on that area specifally or others? I liked a post I saw mentioning the market common area which seems like fun. Is it livable through there? We are in our late 20's, no kids (nor plan on having any) have a small dog and are in management. We love the Beach/Barnes N Noble durnig the day and bars/pubs at night to give an idea of what we are looking for and we dont need a lot of room.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 04:53 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,537,926 times
I won't touch the location here, but I've lived in hotels for months at a time. At some hotels you will hear every step that is taken in the hallway and in some you won't hardly ever hear those steps. This varies per location so be very careful. When you are looking one of you should run through the hall and have the other gauge how loud it was and then switch so you both have an idea. People on vacation don't care how much noise they are making as they come and go.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 AM

10 posts, read 24,778 times
There are several people that live full time in our hotel, we only come down on the weekends but I could live there easily. Sure it's compact living but it keeps you from aquiring so much junk that you don't need. Ours has an owner's storage room and that is soooo handy! It gets a bit loud in July but not that bad. Ours is near the Fire Station so we have more than our share of sirens but I like watching the whirly-gigs on the front of the engines so it's all good. Also I love the view of the water, makes me glad to be alive.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:36 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeedrinker1980 View Post
Hello All!

I've read through a bunch of the posts and have found a lot of useful information. My husband and I are interested in purchasing and moving into one of the hotel condo's that are available on Ocean Boulveard, more specifically near the Caravelle- possibly. I know they would likely be small for most people but after living in Boston for three years any size issues are gone. I'm curious if anyone has lived in a hotel? Is it extremely noisy? Any suggestions or advise?

Also any thoughts on that area specifally or others? I liked a post I saw mentioning the market common area which seems like fun. Is it livable through there? We are in our late 20's, no kids (nor plan on having any) have a small dog and are in management. We love the Beach/Barnes N Noble durnig the day and bars/pubs at night to give an idea of what we are looking for and we dont need a lot of room.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
With what you discribe, the Market Common area would be just a perfect match. Very livable there. You can walk to the park across the street with your pup.......There is a bike and dog walking path around the lake.
You can walk to the stores which are all the brand name stores, walk to Barnes and Nobles, and even to the most wonderful Movie theater.
While you are strolling around there is many places to stop for lunch or dinner. You can dine inside or out........stop for a pizza slice, or an ice cream cone......everything at your fingertips. It is also not far from the beach.
I'd worry about living in a hotel. The closest beach areas get over crowded in the summers. That constant noise might work at you......
However, the Market Common area is quite interesting and has some very peaceful, quiet areas........
It just seems like the best choice with your interests.......
Wishing you luck......
Best idea is to always rent for a month or so first.....try things out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area