Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 11:46 AM

108 posts, read 397,650 times

Advertisements

My husband and I want to visit Myrtle Beach next weekend, but have no idea where to stay. We would like to visit the Ripley's aquarium and see some of the other attractions, but really want to stay in a romantic room with an ocean view. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 02:16 PM

445 posts, read 1,861,922 times
We ALWAYS stay at Beach Cove Resort. It's near Barefoot Landing and in North Myrtle. Not sure how it rates on the romantic scale, but the wife likes it.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:55 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,093,226 times
Default Avista

I have stayed at the Avista on Ocean Dr. in N. Myrtle & was very happy there.

I would check out any hotel you may be considering by reading the reviews of it. Trip Advisor.com is a great site for the type of thing Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor

Here's the Avista's website: Avista Resort - Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort - Myrtle Beach Condo Resort - Myrtle Beach Golf Packages

Old 09-03-2007, 06:21 AM

233 posts, read 861,817 times
For the past 2 years the company I work for has its Christmas Party at the Avista... we love it there! I don't know about the romantic scale, but the rooms we get are nice "suites" with kitchenette, sitting area, washer/dryer combo.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:24 AM

850 posts, read 3,629,532 times
My father is a resort developer in Myrtle Beach, I called him to ask which hotels are the best for what you are looking for. He said it varies so much but the newer properties all offer a ton of amenities. He said you want to stay at the North end of town for the nicer amenities. You can rent a condo too which usually offer more options (like 1, 2, 3, 4+ bedrooms, Washer/Dryer, bigger, kitchen, etc), restaurant in the building, pools, etc...and all very nice. If you do a google search for Ocean Front Myrtle Beach Condos....alot will come up.

The newer properties he mentioned that were nice are; Island Vista, Ocean Reef, The Sea Watch and Long Bay.

They all have restaurants and ocean front, etc. Not sure of prices but they'll be more than a hotel because I think they are condos. And I think after Labor Day you can reserve just weekends (prior it was only full weeks, I believe).

We're in Myrtle Beach often as my father lives there. Are you looking for other sights to visit? There's many fun places and don't forget the outlet shopping!

Lauren

Old 09-17-2007, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,264 times
Default Myrtle Beach Condos Direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBERRRR View Post
My husband and I want to visit Myrtle Beach next weekend, but have no idea where to stay. We would like to visit the Ripley's aquarium and see some of the other attractions, but really want to stay in a romantic room with an ocean view. Any suggestions?
We always stay with Myrtle Beach Condos Direct. They feature the best on the Ocean. All new and largely 3 bedroom condos at Barefoot Resort. We usually stay Oceanfront with them in the Offseason as the rates are the best then. Prices can be found at North Myrtle Beach Condos : Myrtle Beach Condos Direct : Murrells Inlet SC Condos Rentals

Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,299,954 times
We just got back from Myrtle Beach.

We have stayed at the Avista. Very nice and fairly new if you want a condo.

We've also stayed at The Hilton, pretty but older.

We recently stayed at a brand new Marriott. I think its called Mariott at Ocean Dunes or something like that. It has outdoor pools that are gorgeous and an indoor pool and a SPA!!!

Its about 4 miles from Barefoot Landings and the Tanger Outlets and about 8 miles in the other direction is Broadway at the Beach.

A girls gotta shop!!!

Vicki

Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,992,358 times
Hands down, Long bay resort!!!

They have everything from indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, hot tubs, lazy river, huge checker/ping pong/shuffleboard for rainy days. Love it.

They also have a bar onsite located on the 2nd floor along with a gym and small convience store. Downstairs they have a full restaurant which has really good food. The only thing that really drew us to this place was the fact that they have a full STARBUCKS downstairs.
Plus, the prices are pretty good.

They do have a romantic getaway package I would look into. The location is in the "quiet" section of MB away from the strip where all the teenagers cruise around. Ripleys & the other main attractions are about 10 minutes away.

Have fun!

Heather

PS- hit up Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor for reviews.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 AM

543 posts, read 2,367,828 times
DUNES VILLAGE II (not phase 1) I go there almost every other weekend to enjoy the beach area.

This place is beautiful. They have an indoor water park and it's in an area of the beach where there is little traffic and people. They have a bar, place to eat, coffee bar, pizza parlor, bowling alley, and a few other perks.

The rooms are clean and gorgeous. It's also a non smoking facility. If you are smokers then you have to smoke outside.

Last edited by usc_gal98; 09-18-2007 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-18-2007, 11:12 AM

1,696 posts, read 8,887,196 times
So Kimberrr, what was your choice and how was the visit?? I hope you had a good trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area