Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 06:24 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,219,958 times

Advertisements

I think the ideal sizing & placement for an amusement park is something between the size of the old Pavilion and the Swampfox. You can stroll along the beach, zip around town and spend an hour or two there before the next activity. That is not how Disney works. They want to be the all day destination & have all activities within the property.

I spent Labor day weekend at the Hilton Head Dsiney resort and it was basically a nicer version of a time share community with a good activities program. It is more a boutique product that is sister to about a dozen other Disney properties on various lakes & mountains. They call the whole set up with the sister property system Disney Vacation Club or something.

Add me to the list of those discounting the viability of theme parks in SC. Tennessee is down to exactly one- Dollywood and that has both an eastern Tenn Mountain theme and a celebrity association/entertainment twist to help it along. I've been to Hershy Park in Pa as well. These really act more as regional as opposed to national parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 07:57 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,892,821 times
Please don't build another boring theme park in Myrtle Beach! There is enough to do in Myrtle Beach for everyone, including the kids. If the beach, sun, palm trees, seafood restaurants, friendly people, outlet malls, etc is not enough for someone then there is no hope. The effort of Disney to build something to increase the traffic flow will only be a negative for the beach, in my opinion. It is a similar idea Disney had to build a park in Northern Va, outside Washington DC as a "Historyland" type park. Now, really doesn't Washington have enough already to entertain everyone who visits? I really don't think another theme park would work there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area