Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2022, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 3,098 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone knows if this community has flooding or crime issues homes look lovely any help would be thankful for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 06:59 PM

790 posts, read 1,626,205 times
Since no one else has answered, I'll provide a little info based on limited experience. I don't live in that area but frequent areas near there from time to time. The crime maps show that it is a low crime area but, to me, its proximity to a major intersection on RT 9 would cause some concern as an "opportunity" area due to its location. But, as I said, the crime maps online show low crime at this time. Traffic at that intersection backs up significantly on Rt 9 during the summer months so one would have to plan for potentially extended time to get to a destination during those times.

As far as flooding, this map shows that there could be minor flooding in certain parts of the community. https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...8_M99398-48115

Old 06-20-2022, 06:41 PM

41 posts, read 83,072 times
I live near 57 off Hwy 9 in that area. A few years ago there was flooding off 9 in some of the golf course communities, Aberdeen I think. Interestingly, the flooding occurs from NC rivers that back up into the area. As far as crime, it's getting worse daily but not so much in that area yet. Google MB crime and it's shocking.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:48 PM

33 posts, read 33,304 times
Hey! So ironic that today I logged in and saw my neighborhood on here. I live in 57th Place. I have lived here since last summer, so a little bit under a year. We have a creek running through the area, and to get to the back part of the neighborhood (Phases 2 and 3, the area encircled my Dayflower and Snowberry) you have to cross one of them. Last summer, we had a strong period of rain, for a few days, and both of the bridges were covered with water. The bridge on Hyacinth Dr. wasn't as submerged as the one on Snowberry. I was still able to drive my sedan across it with no issues, I just had to go slow.

My neighbor is the HOA president, who has lived here for quite a while, and was here during the floods from Hurricane Florence. It was the same issue with the bridges flooding, and some of the pavement on some of the streets was also covered in water, but no houses in our neighborhood had flooding damage.

The crime in our immediate neighborhood is non-existent. I have never felt unsafe at any point in my neighborhood. I was ding dong ditched one time by young teens, and a few of my neighbors were as well. Horry County police was here within minutes (i didn't call, another neighbor must have) and drove around the neighborhood checking to make sure that it was nothing more than ding dong ditch.

If you have any other questions, just reach out and I'd be more than happy to talk.

Old 06-28-2022, 11:49 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,793,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotty2249 View Post
Hey! So ironic that today I logged in and saw my neighborhood on here. I live in 57th Place. I have lived here since last summer, so a little bit under a year. We have a creek running through the area, and to get to the back part of the neighborhood (Phases 2 and 3, the area encircled my Dayflower and Snowberry) you have to cross one of them. Last summer, we had a strong period of rain, for a few days, and both of the bridges were covered with water. The bridge on Hyacinth Dr. wasn't as submerged as the one on Snowberry. I was still able to drive my sedan across it with no issues, I just had to go slow.

My neighbor is the HOA president, who has lived here for quite a while, and was here during the floods from Hurricane Florence. It was the same issue with the bridges flooding, and some of the pavement on some of the streets was also covered in water, but no houses in our neighborhood had flooding damage.

The crime in our immediate neighborhood is non-existent. I have never felt unsafe at any point in my neighborhood. I was ding dong ditched one time by young teens, and a few of my neighbors were as well. Horry County police was here within minutes (i didn't call, another neighbor must have) and drove around the neighborhood checking to make sure that it was nothing more than ding dong ditch.

If you have any other questions, just reach out and I'd be more than happy to talk.
When checking the MB crime on google you will find most is in the tourist areas, not areas a bit away from Myrtle Beach. This is common in every city that draws tourists.

Old 07-20-2022, 11:25 AM

4 posts, read 3,098 times
Thanx to all reply’s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area