Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2017, 11:31 PM

54 posts, read 61,312 times

Advertisements

Found this place in Surfside Plantation. Not much info yet but I am interested. Anyone know any info, I think it is a Beaver Community. Price range would be a start.

Art O'Neill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 06:02 AM

790 posts, read 1,623,873 times
I had not heard about this community so I asked Mr Google. According to this web site (https://www.beazer.com/myrtle-beach-...ide-plantation) it's a brand new community and they have nothing on the site regarding prices, etc. Your best bet would be to call Beazer directly.

I do have a couple of observations:
1. This is right off business 17 so it's going to be pretty noisy. But, if you like the beach, it's going to be very convenient.
2. Our experience with looking at Beazer homes is that they are (IMO) not the best builder. They aren't the worst either...but I could see quality issues when we looked at their homes without even looking hard. There are plenty of people who have bought Beazer homes that are very happy with their house. My observation is just so that if you go that route, just hold their feet to the fire to fix any issues before closing.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:19 PM

161 posts, read 238,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTyankee54 View Post
I had not heard about this community so I asked Mr Google. According to this web site (https://www.beazer.com/myrtle-beach-...ide-plantation) it's a brand new community and they have nothing on the site regarding prices, etc. Your best bet would be to call Beazer directly.

I do have a couple of observations:
1. This is right off business 17 so it's going to be pretty noisy. But, if you like the beach, it's going to be very convenient.
2. Our experience with looking at Beazer homes is that they are (IMO) not the best builder. They aren't the worst either...but I could see quality issues when we looked at their homes without even looking hard. There are plenty of people who have bought Beazer homes that are very happy with their house. My observation is just so that if you go that route, just hold their feet to the fire to fix any issues before closing.
When we were looking at Beazer we felt some of the same as you have expressed. However, the deal killer for us was that we expressed a desire to have a carolina room and a screened in porch. The sales rep was adamant that we could have one or the other but not both. The option was a Carolina Room and a patio or no Carolina room and a screened porch.

Thus we went back to the north as we still had a couple years before actually retiring so we did not have to jump quickly. The sales rep then contacted us and state that she spoke with her division head and was pleased to say we could get both. I told her "no thank you, it's too late"...plus she address my wife by the wrong name!!

Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,550,081 times
In the nearly 10 years I have participated in this forum I have read good and bad about all the major builders. We have a Beazer townhouse in MI bought new construction over 8 years ago. We have been happy with the home and would buy Beazer again.......

Old 04-25-2017, 05:56 AM

73 posts, read 111,207 times
Hubby and I had visited Layfette park in little river and loved Beazers homes.Loved their layout we were not ready to retire yet at that time. But Hubby has now retired and we are on the list for Surfside Plantation we have spoke to the sales rep and she said in about two weeks they will have the house plans for this site.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:04 PM

54 posts, read 61,312 times
Thank you for your answers so far. We will visit SP when we visit in a few months.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:58 AM

538 posts, read 1,008,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehaz1 View Post
Thank you for your answers so far. We will visit SP when we visit in a few months.
There is nothing to visit. It's just cleared land as of now. No roads going in yet, no spec houses, no amenities center, etc...
I personally don't like the location either. It's only about 300 feet in off of 707. I think the traffic noise might be a problem, unless they plan on some buffering.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 AM

SC here I come where would you say is the best to look?
We have looked in a few places turtle cove ,forsestbrook ,Prince creek

Old 04-26-2017, 12:38 PM

538 posts, read 1,008,580 times
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for, your budget, house size, if you need school for kids, type of community etc..

I live in Prince Creek because it has a bunch of different neighborhoods. When you drive into the place you're greeted with beautiful landscape, and nice walking trails. Though the construction right out front on 707 is a real PITA. Hopefully they will finish the road in about a year.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:10 AM

We are retirees so not looking for schools our house budget is 300,000 We were down last year and had a realtor take us around saw many places I do want a hoa development as I found it helps keep the neighborhood looking good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area