Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:55 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,825,810 times

Advertisements

For those that have not yet heard, fire destroyed the Nature Center at Huntington Beach State Park this morning. Truly sad, because the quality of resources at this park, and this center in particular, are exceptional. With essentially no state funding allocated to our state parks, It's hard to imagine how or when it will be rebuilt.

Animals killed, building total loss in Huntington Beach State Park Nature Center fire | The Sun News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 05:05 PM

1,143 posts, read 2,873,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
For those that have not yet heard, fire destroyed the Nature Center at Huntington Beach State Park this morning. Truly sad, because the quality of resources at this park, and this center in particular, are exceptional. With essentially no state funding allocated to our state parks, It's hard to imagine how or when it will be rebuilt.

Animals killed, building total loss in Huntington Beach State Park Nature Center fire | The Sun News
I just saw this on FB 10 minutes ago. I'm near tears thinking about the tragic, tragic loss of life of those animals. This is truly heartbreaking......

Old 07-21-2016, 09:56 AM

312 posts, read 516,126 times
We were just there for a class on Saturday, and I got lots of photos of the place. My son also walked around watching everything be fed. It's a huge loss.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:58 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,088 times
It's a horrible loss. I hadn't been to the nature center for a year or two, but I loved it there and I hated hearing that this happened. It is just awful to think about all of the animals and living beings that were killed in the fire. I take heart in knowing that no human lives were lost and that the firefighters were safe and that they were able to contain the fire.

Such a tragedy.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:50 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,390 times
I'll echo what everyone else is saying... A huge loss for the park.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 PM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,833 times
Quick follow-up here. The evening news announced that the nature center will be rebuilt ASAP. No details yet, but at least the commitment has been made.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:31 PM

538 posts, read 1,007,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Quick follow-up here. The evening news announced that the nature center will be rebuilt ASAP. No details yet, but at least the commitment has been made.

Wow, I must admit....I'm shocked. But this is awesome news!! Hopefully by Spring it will be up & running.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for sharing this good news!

Old 08-08-2016, 06:53 AM

1,124 posts, read 1,715,833 times
Well, people seem to rally around "good causes" here! the facility really was ( is) a very big part of the park experience, so I'm not surprised that its going to be replaced. Community support is strong and a couple of groups have planned fund raisers already! The good news (in my mind) is that the parks dept realizes the importance of the facility and is acting on filling the void rather than depending solely on community action.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:17 AM

I was reading through some older threads and came across this one. Has anyone heard any updates about plans to rebuild the nature center?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: