Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 06:52 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,675,219 times

Advertisements

Here I am again, looking through some older posts and am wondering if anyone knows what's going on with the state park and rebuilding the nature center. I STILL haven't been back to look for myself, so I'm hoping that someone on here will have an update.

busydesk - have you been there lately? Have any updates that you can share?

gdecamp - did you and your wife come down in Feb. as you mentioned? Any news about your house and the builders? Any new pictures that you can share? I really love your photography!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 06:39 PM

120 posts, read 226,986 times
Hi vrexy!

Yes we did come down in February and talked to builder. A lot has happened since including putting our home on the market last week and getting offer today, looks like a deal is imminent! If I had to guess we will be there by the end of June assuming 3 months for a closing here in NY.

We did go to Huntington Beach State park while there. No great photos from there since only was there for a walk along the beach one day, was very busy with planning etc. I do have a new Facebook page here in the meantime, only been up for a few weeks but I have been adding stuff;

https://www.facebook.com/george.decamp.16

Hope all is well!! Excited about becoming a Myrtle Beach resident in the not too distant future! :-)

Thanks for remembering me!!!

George

Last edited by gdecamp; 03-17-2017 at 07:31 PM..

Old 03-18-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdecamp View Post
Hi vrexy!

Yes we did come down in February and talked to builder. A lot has happened since including putting our home on the market last week and getting offer today, looks like a deal is imminent! If I had to guess we will be there by the end of June assuming 3 months for a closing here in NY.

We did go to Huntington Beach State park while there. No great photos from there since only was there for a walk along the beach one day, was very busy with planning etc. I do have a new Facebook page here in the meantime, only been up for a few weeks but I have been adding stuff;

https://www.facebook.com/george.decamp.16

Hope all is well!! Excited about becoming a Myrtle Beach resident in the not too distant future! :-)

Thanks for remembering me!!!

George
Thanks for sharing your Facebook pics! I sent you a friend request - so if you see a name you don't recognize that just popped up this morning - that's me.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Thanks for sharing your Facebook pics! I sent you a friend request - so if you see a name you don't recognize that just popped up this morning - that's me.
OOPS! Hope I accepted it, let me know! Had a bunch of weird ones lately.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:04 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,719,150 times
Hi...I've been out to the park a few times, but haven't seen Ranger Mike to ask about the plan. Rumor has it that the decision has been made to rebuild in the same spot, but to upgrade for code and "cultural" purposes ( which I take to mean some sort of computer-based interactive displays) which requires some tweaking of the plans. but that is scuttlebutt from visitors and not from staff or volunteers.
I'll try to get something solid in the next week or two and get back to you.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
OOPS! Hope I accepted it, let me know! Had a bunch of weird ones lately.
Yes, you did and we are now Facebook friends. Love seeing your pictures! You are so talented!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
Hi...I've been out to the park a few times, but haven't seen Ranger Mike to ask about the plan. Rumor has it that the decision has been made to rebuild in the same spot, but to upgrade for code and "cultural" purposes ( which I take to mean some sort of computer-based interactive displays) which requires some tweaking of the plans. but that is scuttlebutt from visitors and not from staff or volunteers.
I'll try to get something solid in the next week or two and get back to you.
Thanks, busydesk - I haven't been there in so long - need to take a day and go walk around. If I hear anything I'll post it here. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 03-19-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Yes, you did and we are now Facebook friends. Love seeing your pictures! You are so talented!
Yay glad you did and thanks! 😊

Old 04-27-2017, 03:52 PM

Just saw this, new Nature Center will open May 2018;

State park: New nature center will open in May 2018

Old 04-28-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Just saw this, new Nature Center will open May 2018;

State park: New nature center will open in May 2018
That's great news! Thanks for sharing. Now if we can only get the SSB pier back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
View detailed profiles of: