Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2008, 06:04 PM

88 posts, read 407,973 times

Advertisements

I have seen many mentions of Carolina Forest on this forum and am wondering what exactly it is?

Is it a "real" town with police, mayor, city council, etc etc etc?

Is it just a big subdivision?

Is it some kind of resort?

Where is it located exactly?

Thanks, I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in almost 10 years. I really want to visit there this year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 PM

882 posts, read 3,536,886 times
Carolina Forest is a master planned community with numerous subdivisions in Horry County. It is not in Myrtle Beach proper but it is immediately west of the ICW. In addition to the residential communities (both single & multi family), areas were also designated for the commercial districts that would be needed for the ancillary business needed to support the rooftops projected for the Carolina Forest area.

Carolina Forest offers many types of communities, as I noted above. From "starter home' to townhome to golf course condos to high end custom homes in gated neighborhoods.

It falls under the jurisdiction of Horry County Police and Fire, along with the County government.

Not having been to MB for 10 years, I'm not sure this will help as a reference, but Carolina Forest is situated due West of MB proper from just south of Grand Strand Regional Medical Center (67th Ave N) south to Hwy 501 and west to just beyond the new Tanger Outlet Center - which was not there 10 years ago..

Perhaps this picture will help a little. The red line to the left runs down Hwy 501. The blue at the bottom is the ICW.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh212/rrufast/Picture1.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,690,845 times
Another point of reference for someone who hasn't been to MB in 10 years is that Carolina Forest is across Route 501 from where the Waccamaw Pottery was and where Medieval Times is, and along the same side of 501 as where the MB Speedway is - along and off of Route 501 between MB and Conway. It extends north from 501 for miles and miles. There are new schools for all ages and retail establishments there. It's amazing!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks for your answers, I may have a few more Myrtle Beach questions I will ask later.

By the way, is Carolina Forest something that a tourist would go and visit? or is it mainly for the people that live there?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 PM

Carolina Forest is a residential area. The only reason a tourist would go there is to check out what the local housing market has to offer.. and possibly some of the smaller eateries that are not found elsewhere in Myrtle Beach proper.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 AM

Thank you for sharing that rrufast, it just helps to know these things. I haven't been to MB in almost 10 years, and I'm sure alot has changed.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:05 PM

pop..

It's changed more than you would EVER be able to imagine!

Feel free to DM me if you have any more questions.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:41 PM

3 posts, read 30,546 times
Default myrtle beach,sc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop5300 View Post
I have seen many mentions of Carolina Forest on this forum and am wondering what exactly it is?

Is it a "real" town with police, mayor, city council, etc etc etc?

Is it just a big subdivision?

Is it some kind of resort?

Where is it located exactly?

Thanks, I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in almost 10 years. I really want to visit there this year.

no it is not a real town it is in the city limits of myrtle beach so it has the same mayor, city council, police,etc.

it more than just a big subdivision, it has grocerie stores, furniture stores, resturants, a strip mall and lots of neighborhoods, yet it is not confirmed that it is its own town.

no it is not a resort, but it has hotels located less than a mile away from it.

it is located on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach, SC and Conway, SC, but is under the city limits of Myrtle Beach. It is only 20 minutes from the beach thanks 2 the new highway, Highway 31. It is also just minutes away from some of the hotest attractions in Myrtle Beach and is less than a mile away from the Tanger Outlet Mall.

hope u have a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach!!!!!

oh, this is just great, now i sound like a tour guide,lol.

but seriousley you should come to Myrtle Beach, its awesome!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 PM

Default lier, lier, pants on fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Carolina Forest is a residential area. The only reason a tourist would go there is to check out what the local housing market has to offer.. and possibly some of the smaller eateries that are not found elsewhere in Myrtle Beach proper.

that is thee BIGEST LIE that i've ever heard it has a mall, stores, and really good resturants, although, grant it, it doesn't have any hotels but there is a hotel less than a mile down the road from Carolina Forest and its just minutes away from some of the bigest attractions in Myrtle Beach and the ocean.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrufast View Post
Carolina Forest is a master planned community with numerous subdivisions in Horry County. It is not in Myrtle Beach proper but it is immediately west of the ICW. In addition to the residential communities (both single & multi family), areas were also designated for the commercial districts that would be needed for the ancillary business needed to support the rooftops projected for the Carolina Forest area.

Carolina Forest offers many types of communities, as I noted above. From "starter home' to townhome to golf course condos to high end custom homes in gated neighborhoods.

It falls under the jurisdiction of Horry County Police and Fire, along with the County government.

Not having been to MB for 10 years, I'm not sure this will help as a reference, but Carolina Forest is situated due West of MB proper from just south of Grand Strand Regional Medical Center (67th Ave N) south to Hwy 501 and west to just beyond the new Tanger Outlet Center - which was not there 10 years ago..

Perhaps this picture will help a little. The red line to the left runs down Hwy 501. The blue at the bottom is the ICW.

would you PPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE stop lying to the poor man, maybe your the one who needs to visit Myrtle Beach again so you can get your story straight, i mean come on have you seen MB people are saying that its the next Orlando,Florida, it has great hotels a sixflags and tons of malls and an ocean and other great attractions like Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach Speedway, the Coastal Grand Mall, Dixie Stampeed, The Carolina Opry, The Palace Theater, etc. etc. and even more etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area