Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:53 AM

543 posts, read 2,365,319 times

Advertisements

RR gave you the best example of what Carolina Forest is.

It's like a community within itself. It's a nice area and has alot to offer if you have children in school. Plus, it is just a short ride to all the local attractions.

The only negative would be the traffic and especially during the peak tourist season. Hwy 501 is one of the main highways going and coming in to Myrtle Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 07:57 AM

543 posts, read 2,365,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charley'smom View Post
would you PPPPPLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEE stop lying to the poor man, maybe your the one who needs to visit Myrtle Beach again so you can get your story straight, i mean come on have you seen MB people are saying that its the next Orlando,Florida, it has great hotels a sixflags and tons of malls and an ocean and other great attractions like Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Beach Speedway, the Coastal Grand Mall, Dixie Stampeed, The Carolina Opry, The Palace Theater, etc. etc. and even more etc.
Well, I was born and raised here. My family has been here for many generations. RRfast has been selling real estate here for a very long time and knows the area well.
I think the reason it was mentioned that a tourist would visit the Carolina Forest area is the get an idea of the housing market if they were thinking of moving down here.

And if you are going to promote MB, you need to be sure to specify that it is a city that thrives on tourism. For locals, it's just another place to live.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 AM

3 posts, read 13,931 times
Default Carolina Forest is NOT in the city limits of Myrtle Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley'smom View Post
no it is not a real town it is in the city limits of myrtle beach so it has the same mayor, city council, police,etc.
This is incorrect. Carolina Forest is NOT in the city limits of Myrtle Beach. Although addresses located within Carolina Forest are listed as Myrtle Beach, residents and businesses do not pay city tax or are governed by the municipal government in anyway. They are governed by Horry County and receive public services from Horry County Police. However, Carolina Forest is locally considered the "bedroom district" of Myrtle Beach. It could be compared to the area known as Socastee.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:22 AM

235 posts, read 528,824 times
Mr. Sandlapper has proven lot of yall wrong. Carolina Forest isn't part of Myrtle Beach city limits. Its seen as a designated census area in Horry County. Yet, what I m hearing on the local news in this area is that its looks to be annexed by Conway.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:50 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,832,690 times
Quote:
Carolina Forest isn't part of Myrtle Beach city limits. Its seen as a designated census area in Horry County. Yet, what I m hearing on the local news in this area is that its looks to be annexed by Conway...
If Carolina Forest does not pursue becoming a stand-alone municipality, hooking up with Conway is not a bad idea. Sure beats being dragged into bed with John Rhodes and his band of six stooges...

Old 06-24-2009, 08:48 AM

3 posts, read 13,931 times
Default Carolina Forest is a residential area for Myrtle Beach and NOT Conway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico020 View Post
...what I m hearing on the local news in this area is that its looks to be annexed by Conway.
I would disagree with this statement. People often associate Carolina Forest with the large "Carolina Forest" sign and shopping center on Hwy 501, however, much of Carolina Forest lies near Robert M Grissom Parkway and the Intercoastal Waterway. This portion of Carolina Forest, which consists of the larger homes and neighborhoods, sits about 2 miles from the coast, approximately 0.5 miles from the city limits of Myrtle Beach, and about 15 miles from the Conway city limits. I imagine the investors chose the area to create a residential area for Myrtle Beach that could avoid city taxes, "undesirables", and large insurance premiums required for real estate on the other side of the Intercoastal Waterway. Carolina Forest is a residential area for Myrtle Beach, much like Forestbrook and Socastee.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:42 AM

487 posts, read 998,106 times
Default Good Real Estate Web Sites for Carolina Forest Homes

Does anyone know of a good website where I can view real estate for homes in Carolina Forest only without other areas mixed in?

Thanks!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,631 times
Default Bad Idea

Hooking up with Conway is not a bad idea! Maybe for non- residents. once they annex Carolina Forest by Conway, Carolina Forest will lose the epitome to be a reputable place to live. I hope it will never happen.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 07-24-2012, 03:53 PM

2 posts, read 8,631 times
Hooking up with Conway is not a bad idea! Maybe for non- residents. once they annex Carolina Forest by Conway, Carolina Forest will lose the epitome to be a reputable place to live. I hope it will never happen.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 04-30-2014, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,568 times
This is not a reply, it's a question....I am seriously considering relocating and am searching for a good, safe community in Carolina Forest. Can anyone recommend one to me? I am retiring and need a quiet, comfortable place to live. I have read many reviews on the apartment complexes within the Carolina Forest area and have become confused. Please, would someone direct me to a community or area that would be good for me? I look to hear from you...and thank you...Linda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area