Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area
 [Register]
Myrtle Beach - Conway area Horry County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:59 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

Ok I know that there are a few of you looking to find a good 55+ Community.
There is a section of 17 By-pass that has a few of these communities within about a mile of each other.
I just went out to look again this year, and to see whats new ........
So I will post a list here and give some information on them.

Inlet Oaks..........Ok this is a great one for having a range of prices.
You can pay 30 thousand, or you can pay upwards. I find this is a very, very, clean and well kept place. The clubhouse is full of rockers and tables with checker boards. It has a wonderful clubhouse atmosphere, with fireplace and party tables. A nice big pool, and an outdoor screenroom.......plus there is a few pond areas. I must say I didn't see one unkempt property at all.
The land lease is 300 per month. There is an agent there, but also there is a lot for sale by owner you can call and see on your own.
Some of the homes for sale by owner look out onto the small pond.
inletoaks@mhchomes.com
Live Oaks.......is another 55+ community, this having more manufactured homes with great lots, and tree areas. Very cozy and comfortable......again.......not one unkempt home there. These seem to be all manufactured.....Its a small community, full of trees. Cozy and nice.
Captains Cove 55+
This has an assortment of homes for sale. Many by owner.
They have a smaller club house and pool area in the center of the community.
Captains Cove has many wood-backed lots also.........
Again, these will be anywhere from 29,000 on upwards.
I am not a realtor.......I just wanted to help everyone find these 55 communities. I know I could not even find them in the phone book when I tried to come up with information for you.
For someone wanting an "active" adult community, I think Inlet Oaks is perfect. Its small yet has all the extras.
What is nice about these communities is that they are not far from the Waccamaw Hospital and all the doctors offices that are now along 17.
This is also the quieter end of Myrtle Beach, heading towards Pawleys Island.
There is also dentists, and animal hospital, and other needed stores nearby.
I did take down some homes, and some realtors name.......DM me if you need more information..........
Summering.
PS If I get a chance I will post the clubhouse of Inlet Oaks, so cute and charming........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 AM

7 posts, read 80,901 times
Based on the prices you supplied I'm guessing these are all what we call mobile home parks? I would love some info on MI homes in adult communities.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgardener View Post
Based on the prices you supplied I'm guessing these are all what we call mobile home parks? I would love some info on MI homes in adult communities.
These three are really decent 55+ communities. I know there are a lot of bad, and uncared for places.........but, these are very, very, nice.
The LIVE OAKS park is manufactured homes......( both of the Oak parks are close to each other and can easily be mixed up)
In this park all the homes are double width, and are on great lots, with trees etc. Just a small community and there are about two or so for sale there.
So for quality, and knowing there are not smaller, or older mobiles there......Live Oaks is a great place.
The only other quality home park is Oceanside Village which has both types of homes and is for all ages. Although, the winters have mostly NE renters.
There are enough over 55 to feel at home......yet not isolated from families.
Nor having the rules that forbid your younger visitors for staying for long timeframes. Pool, indoor pool, beach parking and acess area.......
Quite nice also......

Old 02-11-2008, 10:35 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Here is a nice 55+ community that is surrounded by many amenities. There are different sections to this community... single family homes, townhouses & assisted living quarters.

The Lakes at Litchfield

Old 07-31-2008, 03:40 AM

2 posts, read 30,529 times
Does Inlet Oaks have a website? Or an email address?

Djk

Old 07-31-2008, 05:05 PM

I think there is an Email in the first posting you might use.
I didn't post places in iffy locations of Myrtle Beach.
The ones I posted back when, are heading towards Pawleys Island.
Not in a high traffic area, and pretty neat for a mobile home park.
I do have some pictures in my files somewhere of the cute porch, with the checkers lined up on the tables, and rocking chairs on the porch.
If I come across them tomorrow, I will post them here for you.
I have the clubhouse, pool, screen area and its a pretty nice place. Active too, so I hear in the club.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I think there is an Email in the first posting you might use.
I didn't post places in iffy locations of Myrtle Beach.
The ones I posted back when, are heading towards Pawleys Island.
Not in a high traffic area, and pretty neat for a mobile home park.
I do have some pictures in my files somewhere of the cute porch, with the checkers lined up on the tables, and rocking chairs on the porch.
If I come across them tomorrow, I will post them here for you.
I have the clubhouse, pool, screen area and its a pretty nice place. Active too, so I hear in the club.
Well, I spent a bit of time looking for the pictures, seems they must be on a disc. If I do come across them I'll post them here..........

Old 08-03-2008, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 30,529 times
Default Dkerv

Quote:
Well, I spent a bit of time looking for the pictures, seems they must be on a disc. If I do come across them I'll post them here..........
Thanks for trying--it sounds and looks like what we are looking for--I sent an email to the address in your first message but nobody has responded yet--I left a phone message also

Old 08-03-2008, 04:24 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
This is the only info I could bring up for Inlet Oaks:

Name: Inlet Oaks Mhp Llc
Street: 5350 Highway 17
Murrells Inlet, sc 29576-5058
Phone: (843) 651-7521

I don't think there is a website. It is a pretty clean, organized communty & not alot of crime.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:39 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,849 times
Quote:
These three are really decent 55+ communities. I know there are a lot of bad, and uncared for places.........but, these are very, very, nice.
The LIVE OAKS park is manufactured homes......( both of the Oak parks are close to each other and can easily be mixed up)
In this park all the homes are double width, and are on great lots, with trees etc. Just a small community and there are about two or so for sale there.
So for quality, and knowing there are not smaller, or older mobiles there......Live Oaks is a great place.
The only other quality home park is Oceanside Village which has both types of homes and is for all ages. Although, the winters have mostly NE renters.
There are enough over 55 to feel at home......yet not isolated from families.
Nor having the rules that forbid your younger visitors for staying for long timeframes. Pool, indoor pool, beach parking and acess area.......
Quite nice also......
Do you know if insurance in these areas, is as high as Florida's are?
My friends have a mobile home worth about 40,000.00 not cheap, not elaborate, their insurance (due to hurricanes) is 1800.00 a year...pretty high.
It's one of the reasons I wouldn't move there, but I also have been looking for a park to retire to and stay in SC...I just don't want to spend my pension on insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Myrtle Beach - Conway area